Weird request

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member
I need some pictures of the model of sega cd model that uses a tray (there is one of those right? X_x) and the model 2 genesis... preferably with a ruler next to them ^_^;;.

whatever floats your boat buddy :lol:

I have a model 2 genny that I could take moneyshots of (ruler included at your request) but unfortunately no model 1 SCD... I believe the SCD would be wider if thats what you're getting at, probably by about 2 inches or so.

---Ammut

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member
I've been informed that for my purpose a model 1 genny and a model 1 sega cd togethor would be a better combo. If the size fits my purpose I'm going to try and get my hands on a dead model 1 genny and dead model 1 sega cd ^_^. I wanna gut them and put a computer inside lol. (assuming the measurements are fairly compatible).

lordofduct

Established Member
if you are going to do that i would use a model 1 and not a model 2 at all, the space is smaller and it looks ugly. This pc mod you wanna do is only for looks and not functionality so then you would only want a good looking combo.

oh and good luck making the mod, cause the tray area is a bit to big for a pc cd rom. its hard to explain why but if you take a scd 1 apart you will see what im talking about.

I can't take the pictures, but for someone that could, which side of the ruller would you want? Inches or *meters?

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member
I'm used to seeing inches, but either side works for me. And yeah, I figure I'll use model 1 for both parts, then I'll probably end up using a slimline drive for the cd portion... hopefully that'll fit in the sega cd portion better than a full size.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Aug 9, 2003 @ 04:32 PM

oh and good luck making the mod, cause the tray area is a bit to big for a pc cd rom. its hard to explain why but if you take a scd 1 apart you will see what im talking about.

Having it too big is no big deal. If the problem is internal, making support struts should be no big deal.