Sonic the Hedgehog 1&2

Road Rash 1&2

Shining in the Darkness

Shining Force series

Dungeons and Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun

Phantasy Star series

Vectorman

Streets of Rage

Final Fight CD (if you have a Sega CD, cool cut scenes)

It's really tough to make a "must-haves for all Genesis owners", since not all people like all genres. In general I'd agree with Link's list, and add:

Gunstar Heroes

Contra: Hard Corps

Castlevania Bloodlines

Dynamite Headdy

Beyond Oasis / The Story of Thor

Landstalker

In no particular order:

Gunstar Heroes

Bomberman

Sonic 2,3,and Sonic & Knuckles

X-men

NHL '94

Aladdin

NBA Jam T.E.

Street Fighter II Championship Edition

Let's see (in no particular order):

-Contra: Hard Corps

-Castlevania Bloodlines

-Streets of Rage 2

-Final Fight CD

-Sonic CD

-Guardian Heroes

-Sonic & Knuckles

First off, Link, Shining in the Darkness is part of the Shining series. It's the first one in the series. Second, Mr. Mort, Guardian Heroes is a Saturn game (although a VERY VERY VERY good game). I think u meant Gunstar Heroes....

Anyways, back to the topic. Toejam and Ealr is a classic. Zoop is a bad-ass puzzle game. Pit-Fighter is a good one also. Just get an emu and download a bunch of games to see which one u want.

Yes Shining in the Darkness is the first "shining" game

it also had a 3d dungeon crawler sequal, Shining in the Holy Ark, for Saturn, I believe.

Quite fun. and the same artistic style was used in the sequals Shining Force, and it's sequals.

Thunder Force IV, Streets Of Rage 2, Mega Turrican, Red Zone, Alien Soldier-(If you can find it! Only made in Japan.), Shadow Dancer, and my personal favorite: Shadowrun!-(I wasted many hours on this game playing on my Nomad.)

Alien solder was not just released in Japan. It was relesed globaly.

Anyways:

Good Games:

Shining and/in the Darkness

Shining Force 1

Shining Force 2

Gunstar Heros

Sonic 1-3 +S + K

Streets of rage 1-3

Alien Soldeir

Steel Empire

Helfire

Gynoug

Thunder Force 3 + 4

Any John Maiden Game

Ecco 1 + 2

Dynamite Heady

Mortal Kombat 1 - 3 + UMK3

Road Rash 1 - 3

Phantasy star 2 - 4

X-men 1(X-Men 2 sucks)

and erm....that's all I can remember atm.

id have to say...

REVENGE OF SHINOBI

SONIC 3 + KNUCKLES

DESERT STRIKE

ALADDIN

STREETS OF RAGE 2

XMEN 2: CLONE WARS (XMEN 1 SUCKS HARDER Acidics!!!)

NBA JAM

out of all the geny games i've played those mentioned have the best gameplay.

OMG i think there must be some confusion here about the xmen games.

the xmen game im thinking of is the one where u start off in the virtual training area which turns into a jungle and u play as gambit, cyclops, storm or wolverine.

xmen2 clone wars where u begin in the snow right when u turn on the megadrive, has FAR superior graphics sound and animation.

so are we talking about the same games here or what? maybe u mean the snes game? anyone else care to comment?

Originally posted by WiseMan@Oct. 30 2002, 4:35 am

OMG i think there must be some confusion here about the xmen games.

the xmen game im thinking of is the one where u start off in the virtual training area which turns into a jungle and u play as gambit, cyclops, storm or wolverine.

xmen2 clone wars where u begin in the snow right when u turn on the megadrive, has FAR superior graphics sound and animation.

so are we talking about the same games here or what? maybe u mean the snes game? anyone else care to comment?

We are.

X-men 2 is way more grainy.

Plus it was too easy.

X men 1 had me confused for a month before I figured out Professor X was trying to tell you to press reset on the Megadrive >_<

Plus you play as Gambit, Wolverine, cyclops and Nightcrawler

My top three:

LANDSTALKER

FLASHBACK

WONDERBOY II

smile.gif

just adding something, dat hasn't been added yet

Forgotten Worlds

and there's this airplane game dat's coo, but i forget the title since i lent my genesis to my younger cousins

Back