What are the most rare genesis titles?

What are the most rare genesis\32x\CD titles?

(Im asking because I collect them)

Some of the most rare genesis titles that I know of:

Genesis

--------------------------------

1. Pirates! GOLD

2. Toe Jam and Earl

3. The Death and Return of Superman

4. Phantasy Star series

32x

--------------------------------

Darxide

Any others you can think of?

There's actually a version without the spike death thing? Was it released in the US? I wonder why they didn't use that version on the 6-pak cart (and other compilation carts). Same with the water effect in Labyrinth Zone.

" 2. Toe Jam and Earl"

Are u sure its a so rare game (I have it so I wonder o_O)?

Might and magic, gates to another world (US version), I got it, I sold it but I never saw it anymore for years... Seems to be a damn rare game... Any idea?

A rare game is certainely: Vectorman (contest edition with winning cartridge)... You remember, the vectorman contest...

Space Adventure Cobra for sega cd seems almost impossible to find now days. In fact, you'll probably find 35 snatchers to every 1 Space Adventure Cobra. Earthworm Jim for Sega CD, Drug Wars for Sega CD.

yeah I just snagged TJ&E off ebay for $39 complete. Oh and I forgot to mention "Rings of Power" thats another rare one, and can you believe it has a nude intro screen! Im wondering how they got away with this.

Might & Magic is pretty common actually, although you don't see them that often complete with instruction manual (really a necessity for enjoying the game). Same with Rings of Power. And about the 'nude intro' thing, you can only get to that screen by entering a code, it doesn't just pop up.

Originally posted by it290@Tue, 2005-06-28 @ 12:00 PM

There's actually a version without the spike death thing? Was it released in the US? I wonder why they didn't use that version on the 6-pak cart (and other compilation carts). Same with the water effect in Labyrinth Zone.

[post=135916]Quoted post[/post]​

There were 3 versions of Sonic 1.

v1: regular

v2: commonly known as Japanese version (prolly cause it came out later and thus allowed for more tunings). Has moving clouds in Green Hill and ripple effect in Labyrinth.

v3: same as v2 but has spike bugfix. Jap only, and theres nothing on the cart/box/etc that tells if its v3 or v2.

Dunno about the sega compilations, but Sonic Mega Collection had all 3 versions. The only known Rom of the third version was dumped from that.

Originally posted by Borisz@Thu, 2005-06-30 @ 10:56 PM

v3: same as v2 but has spike bugfix. Jap only, and theres nothing on the cart/box/etc that tells if its v3 or v2.

Has it ever been confirmed that they're is an actual cart with this version?

Originally posted by Mask of Destiny@Fri, 2005-07-01 @ 12:51 PM

Has it ever been confirmed that they're is an actual cart with this version?

[post=136123]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought Pachuka owned all 3 versions at one point.

I think Snow Bros. Japanese Cart is supposed to be pretty rare, but I'm not sure.

I found a shop with two brand new copies & bought one for 15 Euros.

Is there really a version of Phantasy Star for the Mega Drive? From what I recall, there is no rom dump and it isn't listed anywhere. Thus, I will assume that it doesn't exsist.

Originally posted by 20by20@Sun, 2005-07-31 @ 09:12 PM

Is there really a version of Phantasy Star for the Mega Drive? From what I recall, there is no rom dump and it isn't listed anywhere. Thus, I will assume that it doesn't exsist.

[post=137655]Quoted post[/post]​

There's 2 reasons for no ROM dumps. First, only 1000 copies were supposed to have been made. Second, the game is actually the SMS version, re-wired to run on a Genesis. It's said it doesn't work on a Nomad or Genesis 3.

Here are some games that I know of and there order of rare-ness...

Highest Value:

Shining Force II

2nd Highest Value:

Pirates Gold

Shining Force

3rd Highest Value:

Operation Europe

Pac Mania

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star IV

Scooby Doo Mystery

Streets of Rage III

Toe Jam and Earl

I had a chance to buy Pirates Gold for $10.00 one time and passed up on it :(

I have also never seen a copy of Shining Force II before, only pictures... I wish I had this game, now that I think about it, maybe I'll play it on an emulator...

Back