What are you favorite/least favorite companies

Dislike:

Wal-Mart

Clear Channel

Big Oil & Big Coal

Like:

Any company that is into being honest. I know the goal of a company is to make money, but there's definetely a point where it goes to far, and I think that seems to happen more often than not.

Originally posted by Mr. Moustache@Jun 10, 2003 @ 10:02 PM

Dislike:

Wal-Mart

Clear Channel

Big Oil & Big Coal

Like:

Any company that is into being honest. I know the goal of a company is to make money, but there's definetely a point where it goes to far, and I think that seems to happen more often than not.

Perfect Example: Sony

AMD: Cheap

Aside from the lack of an integrated heat spreader and low end user cost, how are AMD's processors cheap?

As far as I can tell, P4 and Athlon XP run roughly the same dissipation range, with Athlon apparently tending to be a bit cooler (this is a tough call to make because the two companies don't offer the exact same thermal specs). I don't know where the "Athlon runs hotter" thing got started (comparisons with P3, maybe? Tualatin certainly runs cooler...), but there seems to be little evidence of it in the current generation.

Like to Stretch the truth a lil

Intel and AMD are both asinine when it comes to thier product naming schemes. From "Athlon XP With Performance-Enhancing Cache" to the BS around the definition of the "Centrino technology", they're both employing some first-class spinmeisters.

Funny how companies with histories of running sweatshops, using child labour and having no regard for the environment come way after a company who's worst crime is spinning yarns about the specs of their games consoles
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by googlefest1@Jun 11, 2003 @ 03:57 PM

i dont think theres any company i know of thats squeaky clean enough for me to put on a "like list" -- unless i ran it

you don't buy anything from certain companies on a regular basis?

if im ready to buy somthing -- ill look at everything i can find that is similar in nature- i look at many reviews, read specs, talk to as many people i can that have an idea about, it then based on features and price i will buy the one which i think is best (more like a most bang for your buck thing barring any issues with compatibility and manufacturing quality which is considered when im buying something that i want to last three life times from now)

so no i dont stick to certain companies in particular - i buy what i feel is best for what i want out of it -- it takes me a while to make up my mind -- im not one of those buy some thing just for the sake of buying something because i cant get rid of the sublimials calling me

Originally posted by googlefest1@Jun 11, 2003 @ 04:15 PM

if im ready to buy somthing -- ill look at everything i can find that is similar in nature- i look at many reviews, read specs, talk to as many people i can that have an idea about, it then based on features and price i will buy the one which i think is best (more like a most bang for your buck thing barring any issues with compatibility and manufacturing quality which is considered when im buying something that i want to last three life times from now)

so no i dont stick to certain companies in particular - i buy what i feel is best for what i want out of it -- it takes me a while to make up my mind -- im not one of those buy some thing just for the sake of buying something because i cant get rid of the sublimials calling me

I'm kinda the same way, but there are a few that keep coming up from my research.

Like I ended up buying both Samsung monitors and laser printers after I read many positive reviews and got a good price on them. I've been very happy with all of them so far.

Same with our Toyota cars.

On the opposite side, between my wife and I, we have had many Sony products die on us, so we try to avoid all things Sony if at all possible

yea sure there are companies that produce quality products but i would never say i like them because for me to say that i also have to like thier politics in a maner of speaking

thier manufacturing philosophy , marketing philosophy, employee philosophy -- since i dont know of any company that i agree with in all three areas then i cant say i like them

for example the company i work for was great in all three areas -- they make outstanding products - their marketing is conservative ( a tad too much i belive they need help there but they are not crazy) and their philosophy towards thier employies was amazing -- so in the past i would have said i like the company i work for -- but now a few things changed the balance of power shifted and the company treats thier employees like most other companies do (which i feel is disgusting) -- so even though the company makes outstanding products i cant say i like it

basicaly my point is i have to look at all the company does

Back