What are your dreams?

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
What are your dreams in life? Not the ones when you sleep but the things that keep you going day to day.

Serious post, curious as to your responses. As silly as your dreams in life are post them.

I love math...

I love math more then anyone I've ever meet (doesn't mean I'm the best at it... just means I'm damn good at it).

I'm in school getting my master's in Mathematics. Have NO idea what I'll be doing with the degree, I'm just doing it cause I love it that much. I'll probably be Dr. Dyldo serving you your BigMac.

Owning a hobby farm with my wife and kids, work doesn't matter as much. Prefer to keep the job I have at the moment. Wife shares the hobby farm thing, and only have one kid at the moment but she makes herself seem like five anyway.

Dyldo, ever thing of engineering? Pretty much all math, haha.

I am looking into Electronic Engineering and going to school for it right now (just generals ATM, this is my first year, haha). I plan to graduate w/ a masters in that and get me a nice job making cool electronic shit, hopefully stuff like cool gadgets and electronic goodies (pc hardware designer or sumthin?). Hopefully I'll enjoy it when I get into it and I'll make fatty bank and love my job!

Eventually have a kid or two

Get a modest house that we can make home

Retire from corperate life at 55 so I can run a small business without having to have pressure to make solid income.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Fri, 2006-02-24 @ 02:38 AM

Dyldo, ever thing of engineering? Pretty much all math, haha.

[post=144635]Quoted post[/post]​

NO!

I have one thing to say about engineers (no offense or anything)... they know the math, but they can't explain the math.

You ever have an engineer for a teacher or professor? Well they are the most HORRID teacher's I've ever had.

As my mother calls them... inventors of liquid carpet.

If you don't tell them what variables are there they don't assume them to be true no matter how obvious it may be. (this comes from my own experience and stories of others... what I find weird is that this is the total opposite of what their job entails. what the hell?)

I'm with you on the love of math, but I'll add science as well. My dream would entail being a high school math or science teacher. However, until society starts paying them more, it won't happen.

Marry my gilfriend Carrie, open my Graphics Design business (MasterDesigns), buy out Media Shout.Go to school for a degree in visual arts and media, more specifically graphic design and web design, Carrie is going for photography and photo manip. then get a certification in sound, lighting, and recording.

Originally posted by schi0249@Fri, 2006-02-24 @ 12:03 PM

I'm with you on the love of math, but I'll add science as well. My dream would entail being a high school math or science teacher. However, until society starts paying them more, it won't happen.

[post=144647]Quoted post[/post]​

I want the same thing... but then I realize sometimes I'd probably not make the best teacher. Not because I couldn't teach... oh I can do that, I've tutored many and have fun with it and all.

The problem is I'm not the best role model... tattoos, labre ring, noticeable drug history, and this uncontrollable urge in me to squeek, squeel, moan, kick and cuss... similar to that tourettes thing... but not quite.

Build a time machine, go back to the 60s, set up dvr to record the lost episodes of Doctor Who.....

For real, pay off credit cards and save up enough $$ to buy a small house with a large garage that I can turn into a woodshop.

Back