• Rise from your gwave!

What beta roms Are out there???

Discussion in 'Genesis/Mega Drive' started by darknova, Mar 5, 2002.

1. darknova

darknova New Member

I was just wondering if anyone know what beta roms there are floating around the net for Sega CD???

Darknova

2. vanadium

vanadium New Member

Well, I used to be the owner of 14 original prototypes, including Death Bringer (x2 copies), Fighter Alpha (unreleased), Sonic 9/20 and 5/10, Detonator Orgun, Mega Schwarzchild (x2 copies), Dynamic Country Club Golf, Cyborg 009, and many others, but in a fit of financial problems I had to sell all but my second copies of Death Bringer and Mega Schwarzchild, which are the only two I have left. And yes, they are originals as well. The real deal.

Oh, yeah, I also had a Captain Tsubasa prototype - that one I sold to some guy in the Middle East (can you believe it?) for $250. He was a strange guy to deal with, kind of like ISO beggers. Every day (even before I got his money) he was asking if I'd sent it out yet. Well, I finally got a bank wire to my account and sent it out 5 minutes later JUST TO SHUT HIM UP!

What's even more sad is that I had the option to a lot of other prototypes through a guy who worked at Sega that quit and was selling them off on eBay. He had something like 28-30 of them, and after I had been the winner on almost all the ones he put up (about 5-6 of 'em), we made an arrangement where I'd send him cash when I could, and eventually buy all of the prototypes one-by-one. I made it to 14 prototypes when I had to cut off the arrangement and I actually ended up selling off most of what I struggled to buy. I'm sorry, but this was like 1999, so I'd have no clue where to find him anymore. Don't ask. Believe me, -I- would love to find him.

However, I did copy most of the others I sold off through a CD-duplication machine (no, not a burner) I had at work at the time, so technically while I no longer have the originals of the other ones, I still have each and every one of those prototypes (minus Alpha Fighter and maybe 1 or 2 others). Thank God for that CD-duplicator, or I would never have been able to save any of them.

Anyhow, I'm in the middle of a move (gotta move by the end of the month!) and I've already packed the Sega/Mega CDs away. When I unpack, I might just go ahead and release my copies to the public domain. Most seem pretty complete, and a couple I can't even play due to the amount of Japanese, but they're all interesting to go through.

I'm just glad you all have that Sonic Beta running around - I wanted to release it a long time ago and I knew of one other person who actually owned a copy. I'm glad he released it, because at the time I'd have not had a clue how to do so. [​IMG]

As you can probably tell, I'm almost excusively a MegaCD collector. I have an original Japanese Mega Drive and MegaCD2 system, and about 15 original MegaCD games, along with those 2 prototypes. I've also got a Genesis and SegaCD2, and a Japanese MegaJet portable system in the box, brand new. I'm glad there's others like me around, who thought the Sega/MegaCD wasn't as bad as everyone thought. Keep it up!

3. Pearl Jammzz

Pearl Jammzz Member

vanadium, please upload whatever you have. Try to make it bin/cue though, a lot easier that way and it keeps all the little iso beggers away. Can't wait to play those games! Later.

4. darknova

darknova New Member

It would be better if you could release ISO + MP3! That way all the people in the community have access to the roms.

By this i mean the people still using modems, wouldn't have to download 300MB! They would only need to download about 100MB! [​IMG]