What D&D Character do you pick most?

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member

When playing D&D type games either pen and paper or baldurs gate type games what type of character do you pick the most?

This should be a fun one.

Me, I pick these 2 most often:

Paladin

Rogue, Swashbuckler

I don't play P&P, but in CRPGs I tend to go for a wizard/fighter multiclass if given the choice.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Jul 25, 2004 @ 12:34 AM

Shouldn't this be a poll?

Shouldn't you be a shut-the-hell-up?

xD

Just kidding... drinking is fun for the whole family!

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Jul 25, 2004 @ 02:01 AM

When playing D&D type games either pen and paper or baldurs gate type games what type of character do you pick the most?

Well, if you're talking about the latest 3.0/3.5, you should specify base classes only. There are a TON of prestige classes.

Anyway, one of my friends is almost always an arcane magic user, whether Wizard or Sorceror. Another is usually a Paladin or Ranger. Etc. So I typically get "stuck with" being either the juggernaut Fighter or the ever-important Cleric. However, in 3rd edition even the fighter is far from a plain character (well, potentially). There's a lot more customization to be had. Also, the Cleric is pretty decent at melee combat in addition to their spells. Right now I've got a level 5 Dwarven Fighter who's a pretty good tank. To quote my mage friend after I finish killing two more monsters via Cleave: "If he dies, we're running away."

I think next time my friends and I start new characters, we'll roll for them. That should provide for some entertainment. Throw in hardcore stat rolling into the mix and we'll have some pretty ghetto heroes. Which of course is great.

Man, some DMs are too damned obsessed with getting us killed. My friend Justin was angry when I got a good roll during the first round with Greater Turning and killed the small army of zombies mobbing us.

"I rolled 10, plus 7, that's 17. They're all dead. Again."

"What? How???"

"What do you mean how? I wave at them and they all crumble."

"That's just wrong... I'm not using undead next time..."

I am usually a rogue/assassain. I have been know to bust out my dwarven cleric every now and again, he is good for a few drunken laughs, haha.

I normally like to have a well rounded character. So I usually stick with Paladins, Rouges, and the like as well. Barbarian type classes require too much hands-on combat, putting you in the thick of things. And magic classes, like Wizards, are too weak if caught off guard. I like to have a little bit of magic, but be able to hold my own if I should need to.

Back