What do i need to hack Phantasy star collection

I have never hacked game before. But i would love to try. What i want to do is find out where the games are keeped and change the text. How would i go about doing this?

Ok good news i replaced Phantasy star 2 and 3 with english text. They work now im only problem is phantasy star one and phantasy star 3.

Phantasy star one file is a .com file and size of 515kb . I have seen rips of this game does anyone know how to rip and replace it.

i tryed renaming to a sms and it did not run under any emulator. that is how i fixed and checked the other two.

As for Phantasy star 4 this is my other problem.It has three bin files marked as the following

b2.bin,f3.bin,psBIND.bin, s1.bin and v1.bin . if someone know anything about this please let me.

The other problem is phantasy star 4 isnt the same size as the rom of it.

b2.bin is 142kb

f3.bin is 142kb

PSBIND.bin is 11.4mb

s1.bin is 237kb

v1.bin is 87.2kb

Originally posted by jedahsavior

As for Phantasy star 4 this is my other problem.It has three bin files marked as the following

b2.bin,f3.bin,psBIND.bin, s1.bin and v1.bin . if someone know anything about this please let me.

The other problem is phantasy star 4 isnt the same size as the rom of it.

b2.bin is 142kb

f3.bin is 142kb

PSBIND.bin is 11.4mb

s1.bin is 237kb

v1.bin is 87.2kb

[post=132839]Quoted post[/post]​

As far as I know (I could be wrong) but PSIV was altered to allow it to play on the Saturn. So simply replaceing the bin images with the rom will not work. I doubt there is a way you could cut up the english version of the game and replace it.

Hey jedahsavior, does that mean you replace the text, burnt it and played Phantasy Star 2 and 3 in English on a REAL Saturn ? That would be GREAT ! Please tell us !

Djidjo

i tried replacing the roms of Phantasy star 1-3. And the satrun wouldnt read the cdr at all. I know how to do the swap trick but it just wouldnt do the first spin. But this doesnt mean im done im still working on the problem.

AFAIK, while the PSII and PSIII roms do work in emulators, none of those games are really emulated.

In PS1-3, I think Sega just ported the source code over so it would run on the Saturn, and uses the ROMs for loading data. The ROMs are loaded entirely, since they fit on the RAM.

Since PSIV wouldn't fit on the Saturn's RAM, Sega had to reprogram the game to add some loading points to it.

So... in order to get PSI-III working, you need to hack the games themselves. They expect data to be in very specific locations within the ROMs, and obviously the data location is not the same in the US versions.

Back