What do you think about the Scott Peterson case?

racketboy

Established Member
People outside the US probably haven't heard anything about this, but what do you think about Scott Peterson ( http://www.msnbc.com/news/903322.asp?0dm=C256N )?

Do you think he's guilty?

Do you think people are rushing to judgement?

If you do think he's guilty, why?

I personally think that if he didn't do it, there is a whole lot of coinsidences.

BTW, this happened not too far from where I live, so I've been hearing a lot about this since it first happened

Even being on the East Coast, we've been bombarded with details with this case, when they aren't covering the 'war' in Iraq.

Probably the one thing that has everyone believing him is his behavior throughout this whole ordeal. From what I've seen, it's fairly erratic, but again, national coverage isn't necessarily completely accurate.

If the fellow did have an affair, honestly it doesn't matter if he did it or not... the jury is human, and there are negative ramifications being associated with an extra-marital affair (Look at B. Clinton - his presidency is now being judged in a different light because of his affair, even though it really isn't relevant to his domestic or foreign policy). It will take a lot of effort on the defense's part to break the connection between the death and the affair.

But then again, he could in actuality be guilty. Who knows.

like I said before, there were lots of "coinsidenses" that happened.

The major ones in my eyes:

He told the girl he had an affair with that he was not married, but his wife had died.

The bodies were found in the same bay Scott was fishing at on Christmas Eve (the night she dissappeared)

He seems to not show a lot of grieving. His crying looks totally fake.

He didn't even seem interested when the bodies were found -- ie he didn't go to visit the scene.

Not completely cooperative with police

My theory is that he originally tried to make it look like it wasn't him by reporting it and letting the police know where he was that night. By looking cooperative initially he probably thought the police and media would rule him out.

I think it's a little odd that the Scott Peterson case ever got above the level of local news. I like a decent murder mystery as much as the next guy, but aren't there other things happening in the world?

Originally posted by ExCyber@Apr 25, 2003 @ 12:15 AM

I think it's a little odd that the Scott Peterson case ever got above the level of local news. I like a decent murder mystery as much as the next guy, but aren't there other things happening in the world?

Thank you, I couldn't have put it better myself. Seriously, I'm sure shit like this happens more often than anyone would like to think about. So what makes this case so special?

Originally posted by Quadriflax+Apr 25, 2003 @ 01:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Quadriflax @ Apr 25, 2003 @ 01:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ExCyber@Apr 25, 2003 @ 12:15 AM

Thank you, I couldn't have put it better myself. Seriously, I'm sure shit like this happens more often than anyone would like to think about. So what makes this case so special? [/b][/quote]

I know a lot of people here (where it happened) are ticked 'cause the guy started up a large search party and lots of people volunteered a lot of their time and energy. So if he is guilty, he used all those people to make him look innocent.

What I don't understand is why he cheated on her with the kinda skanky massage therapist when he had a wife that seemed sweet and was pretty darn cute.

Originally posted by racketboy@Apr 26, 2003 @ 12:52 AM

I know a lot of people here (where it happened) are ticked 'cause the guy started up a large search party and lots of people volunteered a lot of their time and energy. So if he is guilty, he used all those people to make him look innocent.

What I don't understand is why he cheated on her with the kinda skanky massage therapist when he had a wife that seemed sweet and was pretty darn cute.

Sounds like the plot from a soap opera.
huh.gif

Originally posted by mal+Apr 25, 2003 @ 03:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Apr 25, 2003 @ 03:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Apr 26, 2003 @ 12:52 AM

Sounds like the plot from a soap opera.
huh.gif
[/b][/quote]

maybe that's why everybody is interested.

Another reason it is interesting is that, so far, the police haven't released any solid evidence against him.

I'm sure they have some, but they just won't tell us yet what it is.

Suspense.....
unsure.gif

I also think the story kinda ranks up there with the Susan Smith woman that killed her kids.

Since his wife was 8 months pregnant, it makes it more important.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Apr 25, 2003 @ 12:15 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing, just from reading the report Racketboy posted (never heard about it before as it hasn't been reported over here). Funny how the media picks and chooses the murders to cover.

Back