What does your desktop look like?

you guys have badass desktops
smile.gif

No I disagree with poll, I mean a desktop and layout is personal and not to be judged. I mean if you do poll, everone will just make their desktop look the best and not express who they are, me for exaple will NOT clutter my taskbar or have MILLIONS of programs running (Commons, MSN, Real audio, Icq (Startup on windows I mean), Gator, etc)

All takes sys resorces, just leave it as is and express you are and so, not to show off.
cool.gif

Yep, that's what a desktop should look like. Since my screen is always filled with apps, why should I waste resources on some picture I won't see?

ewww gator evil evil spyware. has anyone ever tried to completely remove bonzi buddy. uninstall+adaware+regedit+norton av 2001, and i still ain't sure i got all of it. anyways my desktop is funky its xp made to look like 2000 with simple rainy day with prairie wind backround.

Originally posted by antime@June 09 2002,00:36

Yep, that's what a desktop should look like. Since my screen is always filled with apps, why should I waste resources on some picture I won't see?

True that, i never want to use the win+d key, to get to an icon, and then have to restore each window ,or go through my slow start menu, and i don't want any space on the taskbar going to quick launch icons so i use winkey

it's about layout, and i know mine ain't well organized, but it works for me

desktop

Removing Gator, or any other pest, can be done in Safe Mode. while your computer is booting up, hold ctrl, and then select Safe Mode

Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall it

Ad-Aware Scan, with latest version and Reference file (turn on Deep Scan, and regestry, everything but your floppy drive)

start -> run -> msconfig

startup tab

remove anything suspicious, or any crud like Realplayer.

if you have StartupCPL, then run that, and disable any suspicious crud.

somehow, the program is reinstalling itself, everytime you try to remove it. most often, this is due to these little things that run at startup.

I also suggest Deleting Temp Internet Files, and run the Disk Cleanup utility.

if you really are concerned, run a firewall. and have it run on startup. then you can see which program is trying to go online. then you can find it, and delete it.

Back on topic, mine, is simple Dark blue, with icons in the corner of the desktop, and Auto Hiding Taskbar.

Originally posted by XAKEP@June 14 2002,20:36

desktop.gif

dude do you have a mac or windows...? Looks like windows cause of the apps but why an apple logo and the polished steel look... apple and their polished steal... when will they learn

Back