What EXACLTY determines if Model 1 or Model 2?

racketboy

Established Member
I have somebody that says he has a Saturn that has 64-pins, but has a 21-pin cable.

Maybe I'm just confused, but wouldn't that make it a Model 1 -- therefore needing to use these instructions instead of the normal model 2 instructions (with A+B)?

from what I know there were few overlaps when Sega was changing from grey to white Saturn... some of last batch of M1 m/b were used with white shell making them bit unusual...

could be the same sotry with overseas market where laftovers were used in the first batch of round button shell...

then again I could be dreaming this whole thing up... o_O

Originally posted by racketboy@Mon, 2005-06-13 @ 08:12 AM

I have somebody that says he has a Saturn that has 64-pins, but has a 21-pin cable.

Maybe I'm just confused, but wouldn't that make it a Model 1

What's so unusual about that? We've had lots of people try to mod 64 pin Saturns here, albeit with mixed success.

I don't see where the confusion is... AFAIC if it has a 21 pin ribbon cable it's a model 2.

Have you been drinking? :p

Since when have any 64 pin Saturns been Model 1?

Sure, you might get a handful of 64 pin IC/21 pin ribbon cable Saturns in cases that have oval power and reset buttons, but that doesn't make them Model 1.

It's the hardware revision that uses a 20 pin ribbon cable that is Model 1.

OK, if it's not drinking, have you been hit on the head or something? :unsure:

I think you must have taken a whole bunch of stupid pills over the weekend racket... :blink:

Either that or you're not actually reading and then comprehending what it is that I'm saying. One last time...

The 64 pin CD board uses the 21 pin ribbon cable.

The instructions that you keep linking to are for installing a 21 pin mod into a 20

pin socket.

YOU DO NOT USE THE "Hacked a 21pin mod to 20 pin saturn" METHOD TO INSTALL A 21 PIN MOD IN A 21 PIN SATURN

Am I getting through? :eek:mg:

Ok -- got it :D

If it makes you feel any better, my wife says I have been out of it lately as well.

Don't ask me why..

Thanks again, mal -- sorry to be a pain ;)

Back