• Rise from your gwave!

what is the best way to play a cdr

Discussion in 'Saturn' started by Whitesnake, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Whitesnake

Whitesnake New Member

i have found my sega saturn and want to play cdr's in it but i dont want to disc swap, because i wrecked 2 psx's doing that, is there anything lik the dreamcast likea boot disc that lets you put in your cdr or another dreamcast method was they made self booting games can this be done, any suggestions on how to play cdrs safely would be great :)

2. mtxblau

mtxblau Mid Boss

The thing about the PSX is the motor doesn't slow down when you swap, so it damages the unit pretty quick. I've been swapping for some time (well, not recently) and no issues w/ my Saturn.

But if you don't want to swap, the next best thing is a modchip. While you're at it, get one of those 3in1 or 4in1 carts. They're very useful.

www.lik-sang.com

www.lan-kwei.com //which is much cheaper

MTXBlau

3. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

Yes. They're fairly rare, and copies of them don't work for the same reason that copies of any other Saturn disc don't work. Don't expect to be able to find one.

Not as far as anyone knows. There might be some way to do it, but it might require hacking CD-R firmware (not something you can exactly find a manual on) and is really off in Theory Land right now.

4. Whitesnake

Whitesnake New Member

can these 4in1 or 3in1 chips play backups

5. Whitesnake

Whitesnake New Member

this saturn action replay 4m plus can that do it

6. Curtis

Curtis Member

Carts won't allow you to play backups.

7. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

they do make it very easy to swap though.

8. bellardb

bellardb New Member

I have one of those carts! How do I use it to make swapping easier?

9. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

because after it boots, you can swap anytime in the action replay screen, and then when you press start game you know how long it is going to take before doing the second swap.

10. bellardb

bellardb New Member

Uhh...I not very smart...even more spiffic pwease? ???

11. Raedon

Raedon New Member

just buy a mod chip.. it took me 20 minutes to install mine and 15 of that was me looking for my soldering gun.