What is the rarest SMS game?

hmmm, not too sure....i'll get back to you on that!..........i also thought that Wonderbow 3:The Dragons Trap was rare.....(i was the only person in my whole school to own a copy! 4 years runnin'! ;) )

Originally posted by Gaz_2_k@Sep 11, 2003 @ 05:27 PM

I thought Sonic Chaos was quite rare! ;)

If so I got it for £5 the other day ;)

Wbats Cyber Shinobi like for rareness? I've never seen it before, and its NEVER on eBay :unsure:

So is sonic chaos rare? i got it with 21 other boxed games for 20 UK pounds...

Infact here is the list of games i got...any of em RARE???????????/

THUNDER BLADE

SHINOBI

RESCUE MISSION

R-TYPE

HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

ALIEN STORM

SUMMER GAMES

E-SWAT

G2 RIDER

SLAP SHOT

GANGSTER TOWN

RAMBO 3

SONIC 1

CALIFORNIA GAMES

COSMIC SPACEHEAD

GHOULS'N GHOSTS

RUNNING BATTLE

MERCSCASTLE OF ILLUSION

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG CHAOS

WONDER BOY IN MONSTERLAND (NO BOX)

THE CYBER SHINOBI (NO BOX)

SUPER TENNIS (SEGA CARD)

Originally posted by Silender@Sep 20, 2003 @ 10:31 PM

street firhter 2 & out run 3d

never saw them in real life :unsure:

I don't think that Outun 3D was so rare. When I bought my SMS, I could find it new everywhere. Hard to say what was really rare, I guess games produced by TecToy, for instance Street Fighter 2 as you already said.

Somewhere once about a year ago I think.

Some one told my that `Mickey Mouse Castle of Illustions` was rare in the US,thing is it is everywhere in the UK I got it for a £1!and I see it alot.

I do seem to recall people also said that `Alex Kid In Shinobi World` was rare well thats all over the place too!!!!Here in the UK.

It seems that in some parts of the worlds some games are rare and some are very,very common elsewhere.

Just look at Famciom games there seems to be a bigger divide on the Famicom then on the Sega systems for territorial differences.

Ermm... SMS did really well in UK, but not in US. So USA versions of a lot of the games are going to be much more rare.

I don't know if outrun 3D is rare, but they go high on Ebay. I've got 2 copies of Fantasy Zone, one with the usual red label and one with a blue label. I think the blue label games are quite rare. There is also a blue label edition of Slap shot and that one is probably also rare. I've got also two version of wonderboy in monsterland. One has Super wonderboy in monsterland on the label and I think that one is also not very common. I also noticed Star Wars can also go high on Ebay. But in general in Europe the sms games are more common than in the US.

I've got a few sms games for trade so feel free to check out my website :cool:

The reason sms games are more common in the UK, even europe is because the sms was very popular in the uk and europe,as in the usa it was the famicom/nes.

I think it was like 90% famicom/nes and 10% all other systems in the U.S

This was till of course the genesis/megadrive came out and wiped the smile of nintendos face.................

There is a card version of Great Soccer ? I didn't knew that. Any idea which games beside Hang-on, Teddy boy, Transbot and Super Tennis also have a card version ?

Spy vs Spy (kinda hard to get) , My Hero and F16 Fighter/ F16 Falcon

Great soccer was only released in Germany. The boxed hang-on only in Australia.

The Jap master system (MARK III) has a couple more like Woody pop.

Back