What is the rarest SMS game?

HI All

After collecting here in aus i can say that the harder ones for me to find so far are as follows,

Cyber shinobi

Rastan

Arcade smash hits

Mortal kombat

living in NZ collecting them is hard even though it was very popular everyone bought the same ones, so they are the same ones in the second hand shops and stuff

I'd say the rarest SMS game is the JAP/NTSC version of "Bomber Raid" by Activision (called the "gold cart". I don't know why.. it's not gold in color.). Everytime it goes up for sale on Ebay (which is.. like never) it goes for well over a hundred bucks (sometimes $200).

Funny thing is.. the US release (I have) isn't rare at all.. I guess. I got it for $8 about a month ago on eBay when I saw the price of the JAP cart. Go figure..

I only had Spy VS Spy on card, and a friend of mine had a Tennis game on card. What about the MarkIII was it just card and no cartridges for that?

My Spy VS Spy was given to me for free when I bought Zillion 2 from a local videorentalstore sooome time ago, I was glad I got it since Zillion 2 sucked. :D

I think great soccer was also released in italy.

To my opinion, the boxed card of Hang On is the rarest non japanese game (actually, i'm looking for it ^^ if anyone knows WHERE to search ^^).

In japan, great ice hockey is a collector (only 1000 released, not for sale) far away from bomber raid ^^

Out run 3d was released in the us and also in brasil by tec toy.

The european version is the easiest to find.

The codemasters games (cosmic spacehead, micromachines, fantastic dizzy) are also very rare. Like the euro version of streets of rage 2.

Segamastersystem.com provides a nice rarity list:

http://www.segamastersystem.com/ver%203/raritylist.htm

i have loads of those games you mention, they are all over the place in the uk.

i have a card version of 'My Hero' dunno how rare that is, i have seen a card version of laser ghost too, but i did not get that.

Originally posted by SeGaFrEaK_NL@Nov 4, 2003 @ 10:36 AM

Spy vs Spy (kinda hard to get) , My Hero and F16 Fighter/ F16 Falcon

Great soccer was only released in Germany. The boxed hang-on only in Australia.

The Jap master system (MARK III) has a couple more like Woody pop.

I got Spy VS Spy and F16 Fighter on card for $1.00 each. Not sure how rare they are supposed to be. :huh

Mortal Kombat 2 was rare in Australia but I did remember seeing it at one place a few years back. Also Alex Kidd in Miracle World (aside from built in) I remember 1 video store had it locally on a card but never ever saw a cart version for it. Also remember a game called Shanghai dunno what it was about but I'd say that was as rare as any to.

Originally posted by darkmenace@Tue, 2004-12-07 @ 01:00 AM

Mortal Kombat 2 was rare in Australia but I did remember seeing it at one place a few years back. Also Alex Kidd in Miracle World (aside from built in) I remember 1 video store had it locally on a card but never ever saw a cart version for it. Also remember a game called Shanghai dunno what it was about but I'd say that was as rare as any to.

[post=125380]Quoted post[/post]​

I never knew they made a card version of Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

Back