what is this

Yes, that is a legitimate product. Here is their website:

http://x-arcade.com/

You can also get adapters to use it on various consoles, such as Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox, and I think Gamecube too.

I've heard that it is a good joystick, and I also heard it is a piece of crap, so I don't know what to think really.

Why wouldn't it be legal or legit?

Are you talking about the "3,000 classic game" part? They do cover themselves:

These links below are to actual sites which allow you to download MAME ROMS or Classic Arcade MAME Games. At X-Arcade™, we provide this information as a resource to maintain record of the classic arcade games and allow those who own the original arcade games to download.

I like this bit the best...

We are coordinating an effort to acquire the rights to over 3,000 classic arcade games for the sole purpose of providing gamers worldwide easy access to purchase their favorite obsolete games at reasonable prices.

:lol:

I've got one, and it's a pretty cool controller. Mine is the single player version. I've heard that the two player version, the joysticks are too closed together... other than that, no complaints.. they are supposedly company made microswitch buttons and controllers, but made with standard arcade fittings.. so, if they go out, just put some arcade parts in em.

The X-Arcade is pretty decent -- I have the dual version. The joysticks are a bit close when playing 2p if you have it on your lap or something, but put it on a table and it's fine. That said, you can get a Hori RAP for less and it's a better joystick (it uses a Sanwa stick). If anyone wants an X-Arcade, I'm considering selling mine -- I've tweaked the sticks for better performance in fighting games, and it has the DC adapter. All the buttons and sticks are stock parts, though.

Originally posted by mal@Mon, 2005-04-04 @ 02:26 AM

Why wouldn't it be legal or legit?

Are you talking about the "3,000 classic game" part? They do cover themselves...

[post=132521]Quoted post[/post]​

I dunno I thought it might have been illegal, oh well.. thanks for clearing that up guys.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Mon, 2005-04-04 @ 02:52 AM

You've never heard of the X-Arcade? Where you been dude?

[post=132526]Quoted post[/post]​

lol in a cave....lmao :cheers

Back