What is this?

NO.. It's a ram cart used my the saturn to add more ram to it for use in some games.. Most saturn games don't need it, but if your into Capcom and SNK fighters, you will need it for some of their later games..

Xmen vs SF

MvSh vs SF

KOF 96-97

Vampire Savior.. ect..

The 32/8 bit part is confusing I guess.. Divided by 8 that gives us: 4/1 mbytes..

Essentially, that cart adds 4 mbytes of ram to the saturn.. The 1mbyte part is because some games(KOF96-97) only used the 1mbyte cart.. So this cart can be used for both types of games.. 4 or 1..

huh??

I always though that was a backup cartdridge... I think that one acts like the EMS 4-in-1, when it comes to saving capabilities... Those cartdriges compress the data before saving on the cart.. which means it *can get corrupted, never had probs with my 4-in-1, though.

NO it is not the EMS 4-in-1 ...... (I think)

Originally posted by fivefeet8@Dec. 28 2002, 1:31 am

NO.. It's a ram cart used my the saturn to add more ram to it for use in some games.. Most saturn games don't need it, but if your into Capcom and SNK fighters, you will need it for some of their later games..

Xmen vs SF

MvSh vs SF

KOF 96-97

Vampire Savior.. ect..

The 32/8 bit part is confusing I guess.. Divided by 8 that gives us: 4/1 mbytes..

Essentially, that cart adds 4 mbytes of ram to the saturn.. The 1mbyte part is because some games(KOF96-97) only used the 1mbyte cart.. So this cart can be used for both types of games.. 4 or 1..

Yeah i knew about the RAM carts. It just didnt say anything on the site, no explanation as to what it was.

To IBarracudaI:

Nope.. no where does it say backup ram cartridge for saving games.. What gives it away as the ram cart is the 32/8 mbit part and it says Dram on it...

Humm...

Have you seen its price??? (around 12$US)

I think it is kinda cheap for an extra Ram Cart...

Then again I know that there are backup carts up to 64Mbit, made by 3rd party companies like EMS...

Now that I think again... maybe your right fivefeet8, as 32Megabit equals to 4MByte, and 8Megabit equal to 1MByte...

That gives us a 4/1 MByte Cartdrigde... but that too cheap in my opinion... but one can never know...

"... What gives it away as the ram cart is the 32/8 mbit part and it says Dram on it... " fivefeet8

Maybe that's what makes it a Ram Cart as 32/8 <-> 4/1 , and has I said maybe even with support for 4MB and 1MB....

Hmm.. Now that I see the price, you could be right IBarracudaI... I got my 5-in-1 cart for about 35 dollars.. I also saw a 1megbyte cart for 19.. YOu know what I say, if it's that confusing, dont' even get it.. Go somewhere else where you know for sure what your getting..

Looks like it could be either:

a. A very cheap ram cart for games..

b. A small game saves extension..

This is a ram cart not a save cart. DRAM is used in old 30/72 pin memory chips used in old 386/486/pentium pc's. And since these days you can get a stick of 4mb 30 pin ram for penies it seems likely that some hk manufacturer has gotten a batch of old chips and is making these dirt cheap carts.

If it was a save ram cart then it would have said it uses flash or sram chips.

And yes the 32/8 does refer to the 4/1MB expansion.

Just a thought: sure the price seems very low - on the other hand they want you to use EMS shipping (which gets expensive) or they'll, um, "adjust" the price. I would translate that as "please pay exorbitant shipping to offset the cheap price we offer you for this item so we can cash in some extra - if you don't, we'll just make it more expensive instead."

Back