What is your favorite FTP Server(daemon)?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but alot of the FTP's you guys have are pretty nice, and even though Im currently using Serv-U Pro, I'd like to know if theres any reason why I should switch FTP servers. As in, are there any feature specific things on any others that Serv-U might not have. I've heard GuildFTPd and BulletproofFTP are pretty nice. And I think GuildFTPd has auto-ban support, which I dont think mine has. But I just went with Serv-U since it was my first and heard it was very simple and intuitve for first-time users. But now that Im more comfortable Id like to know if the others are really any better than Serv-U. Again, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I cant think of anything more appropriate than "FTP". Maybe "Tech Support". If so, just move this message or ban me if you must. Thanks.:D

Originally posted by chris026058@Aug 12, 2003 @ 03:32 AM

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I cant think of anything more appropriate than "FTP". Maybe "Tech Support". If so, just move this message or ban me if you must. Thanks.:D

Well, you do realise this is possibly the most serious breach of the rules we've ever seen here at SX. ;)

The FTP section is meant for listings only, although it could probably be either or in this situation. I'll move it to the Tech section anyway. :)

I use GuildFTPD on mine. I mainly use it because of the nice plugin API so I can program my own add-ons to the site, which I have (Dupe support, expansion of the site commands, database storage,etc). And since its free, it seems like a good choice.

Originally posted by Curtis+Aug 11, 2003 @ 05:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curtis @ Aug 11, 2003 @ 05:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chris026058@Aug 12, 2003 @ 03:32 AM

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I cant think of anything more appropriate than "FTP". Maybe "Tech Support". If so, just move this message or ban me if you must. Thanks.:D

Well, you do realise this is possibly the most serious breach of the rules we've ever seen here at SX. ;)

The FTP section is meant for listings only, although it could probably be either or in this situation. I'll move it to the Tech section anyway. :) [/b][/quote]

Sorry about that. But thanks for the nice warning anyways, Curtis. And thanks for the recommendations guys. I guess I should probably get around to setting GuildFTPd up, since its starting to sound pretty good. Anyone else got a recommendation?:)

Well i guess it depends mostly the setting features you want to have on your ftp,look for one that matches your needs.The one´s mentioned above are good,and anything free comes always in handy ;)

Guild FTP hands down. I have run Bulletproof but I ran into some troubles with it that caused down time, plus it also didn't link both my internal and external network settings. Guild has been rock solid the only times I have down time is when my ISP gets hit hard (ei Blaster Worm) and goes down, or not too long ago one of my hard drives died. Guild has better options for user groups and then the user itself in that group and so on. Best of all Guild is FREE!!

Originally posted by Jaded God@Aug 23, 2003 @ 08:12 PM

GuildFTP for me :cool:

The same for me, I use it for my FTP. But don't forget it's free and some releases were not stable, the 0.998 was always crashing on my PC. The 0.999.6 is perfect. :)

I wasn't even away of ioFTPd, I agree 100% with glftpd, I've worked with glftpd for many years now developing addons, security issues, scripts, etc .and have been hoping for something similar on WinBlowz, and it looks like ioFTPd is such.

I'll have to check it out :D

Edit: Checked it out, its progressing nicely, its missing one key feature that makes me turn away from it: Bandwidth limits per account/Group, Login Limits per account, etc.

Back