What is

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

megametalgreymon

Website
Visit site
a box that lets you play arcade games (ie the original boards) on a tv set, with controllers taken from whatever system you can get thats suitable

usually a custom made pcb and power supply

Ratamahatta

Sounds interesting and very useful as I have an arcade cabinet just sitting in my basement, where would i get the plans to make one?

visciouslymamed

Website
Visit site
A supergun is usually a homemade system designed to play arcade game boards on a tv. It is basicly a power supply, a RGB>NTSC/PAL converter, and a wiring harness for controls. There are a few commercial systems I know of, but it is fairly easy to build one if you have some basic electronic exp. Let me know if you need more info/links on this.

Ratamahatta

I have 7 years electronics behind my belt, I'd just like to see more info and such on this piece of equipment.

visciouslymamed

Website
Visit site
Is your cabinent "jamma"?

Actually, you can use a pc power supply. The only part that is custom is the video conv. You can buy one from massystems.com or gwtrading.com for around $150. I recommend http://www.jrok.com/hardware/RGB.html. As for controls, just put in an order with happcontrols.com.

Please check out arcadecontrols.com for more info.

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Website
www.segaxtreme.net
http://arakon.hn.org/supergun

one of the SGs I built. since TVs have RGB connection in germany, there was no need for the RGB converter.

it contains everything needed.. TV cable, PSU connector, 2 ports with neogeo pinout, coin and testmode button, power LED, in a hand-cut case with jamma connector at the bottom.

I use a modified saturn pad with it.

as you can see, it's not that much stuff really, just alot of soldering involved.

Raijin Z

Remember to heat the component leads, not the solder, to ensure a tight connection!