• Rise from your gwave!

What is

Discussion in 'General' started by Ratamahatta, Mar 10, 2002.

1. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

a box that lets you play arcade games (ie the original boards) on a tv set, with controllers taken from whatever system you can get thats suitable

usually a custom made pcb and power supply

2. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

Sounds interesting and very useful as I have an arcade cabinet just sitting in my basement, where would i get the plans to make one?

3. visciouslymamed

visciouslymamed New Member

A supergun is usually a homemade system designed to play arcade game boards on a tv. It is basicly a power supply, a RGB>NTSC/PAL converter, and a wiring harness for controls. There are a few commercial systems I know of, but it is fairly easy to build one if you have some basic electronic exp. Let me know if you need more info/links on this.

4. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

I have 7 years electronics behind my belt, I'd just like to see more info and such on this piece of equipment.

5. visciouslymamed

Is your cabinent "jamma"?

Actually, you can use a pc power supply. The only part that is custom is the video conv. You can buy one from massystems.com or gwtrading.com for around $150. I recommend http://www.jrok.com/hardware/RGB.html. As for controls, just put in an order with happcontrols.com.

Please check out arcadecontrols.com for more info.

6. visciouslymamed

7. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

http://arakon.hn.org/supergun

one of the SGs I built. since TVs have RGB connection in germany, there was no need for the RGB converter.

it contains everything needed.. TV cable, PSU connector, 2 ports with neogeo pinout, coin and testmode button, power LED, in a hand-cut case with jamma connector at the bottom.

I use a modified saturn pad with it.

as you can see, it's not that much stuff really, just alot of soldering involved.

8. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

Solderings fun! :)

Well, looks like I'll need the video converter.

9. Raijin Z

Raijin Z New Member

Remember to heat the component leads, not the solder, to ensure a tight connection!

10. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

I know how to solder raijin

11. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

I love the sticker on yours that says supergun.

12. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member