What kind of dinosaur would you be?

I would be a UtahRaptor because its fast, intelligent, and mean.

ANATOMY

Utahraptor was a large, terrifying mid-Cretaceous predator with 9-15 inch long middle-toe claws. It was a lightly built, fast-moving, agile, bipedal (walked on two legs), bird-like dinosaur. It had a curved, flexible neck and a big head. Sharp, serrated teeth were set into very powerful jaws. Each of its three fingers on each arm had large, sharp, curved claw.

It had four-toed feet; the second toe had a 9-15 inch (23-38 cm) sickle-like claw and the other toes had smaller claws. Its long tail had bony rods running along the spine giving it rigidity; the tail was used for balance and fast turning ability. It had a relatively large brain and large, keen, eyes. Utahraptor was 16-23 feet (5-7 m) long and may have weighed about 1 ton.

WHEN UTAHRAPTOR LIVED

Utahraptor lived in the early Cretaceous period, about 125 million years ago.

BEHAVIOR

Utahraptor, like other dromaeosaurids, may have hunted in packs, attacking even very large animals, perhaps even large sauropods and ankylosaurids.

INTELLIGENCE

Utahraptor was a dromaeosaurid, whose intelligence (as measured by its relative brain to body weight, or EQ) was the highest among the dinosaurs.

Attachments

• utahraptor.jpg
    utahraptor.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 96
  • utahraptor.jpg
    utahraptor.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 93
Five or six? I wish. Try ten or eleven.

I'd be Sharp Tooth.

I'd be KING, baby. Utahraptors ain't got nothing on this!

Actually, perhaps I'd be a Godzillasaurus... That would be cool.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Tue, 2005-05-03 @ 05:18 PM

I'd be a Utahraptor as well. Although Velociraptors are cool too, since they're so little. :)

[post=133564]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, go ahead be a scavenger...

Nah, I'd be the Deinonychus because they are small but fierce lil' buggers. They could take down large dinosaurs with the claws and could even swim. This is actually the dinosaur the Velociraptor from Jurassic Park was based on (the Velociraptor doesn't actually have that claw if I remember correctly). But you know, Velociraptor sound so much cooler then Deinonychus.

triceratops always seemed cool to me they were big and had horns like big elephants brontosuaras seem cool even though i just learned they might not be real. i'd go with the triceratops or a sim dino

Originally posted by joe81@Fri, 2005-05-06 @ 07:37 PM

i just learned they might not be real.

Really?

They always used to be my favorite kind of dinosaur. :(

ya i read on some dino page that the there might not be any brontos because the skeleton they found of one was actually 2 different dino skeletons combined. but there's some other guy that claims they might be real and is trying to find proof. http://www.jpinstitute.com look on that page for them that's where i got the info.

Back