What Media Player do you use?

I just got myself a 900mhz G3 iBook with 640MB of RAM for 4 bills... it comes with itunes of course and I tried out...

iTunes SUCKS!

what other non"library" style players do they have for macs? I hate that whole library bullshit! I have about 150GBs of music and using Windows Media Player or iTunes library feature is really cumbersome and annoying!

My preferences have changed of late.

For PC, I use MPC (Media Player Classic) + cccp for video, and itunes for music -- occasionally I fire up foobar2000 for the uncommon format.

For other viewing, I use XBMC -- generally downloaded movies and whatnot. For music not at the PC, I use my iPod shuffle or the car cdplayer/radio.

cześć Rolly :)

I'm testing on ubuntu linux into different music players: banshee, amarok, exaile and even a few and there is no such, that I liked perfectly: [

Recently I've moved back to VLC, the player has improved substantially in recent versions over older versions. A personal "required" feature I need is a decent minimal interface view, with the video taking as much screen as possible while keeping the taskbar on screen.

I used to use MPC (Media Player Classic) for this purpose, however, I've had display issues using the minimal view for that player on Vista with Aero enabled. It still technically worked, but left the right-side of the window displaced enough to show the entire border and a bit of the desktop.

VLC apparently recently added a minimal view, which works quite well.

mmmmkay,

For mp3/WMA/WAV I use Windows Media Player 11, For DVDs use Nero Showtime, for emulated music and mp3 stuff I also use Winamp.

I also have KLite codec installed, all the plugins and codecs work with WMP :)

I also use BlazeDTV (buggy piece of crap) for my TV tuner stick

I may switch from the evil Windows Media Player 10 to Jet Audio. It came with my Cowon A3 :D

Back