WHAT SATURN GAME HAD THE BEST GFX

In order of best grafics IMO:

1. Panzer Dragoon Saga

2. Radiant Silvergun

3. Nights: Into Dreams

Keep in mind though that I havn't played "Dragon Force" or "Shinning Force 3" yet.

Quote: from nomo on 5:56 am on April 10, 2002

vf2 have a nice frame per second (60 a really really nice ok) but we are in this topic about the graph not about the fps.................:)

PDS rules!

Grandia have a nice ones too!

Don't forget deep fear

Frame rate is included to the graphics cause it's also in the visuals section. For example:My best game on SS is Shining The Holy Ark but I can't stand it's slowdown in some battles.If Sonic team had added a few lightning effects there will be better graphics and more slowdown which means less enjoyable game. A game with good graphics means a game with an enjoyable frame rate(30+) and brilliant effects. So the frame rate is linked with the graphics for me. ;)

(Edited by Silender at 12:35 pm on April 10, 2002)

Yes. Frame rate is absolutely linked to graphics quality. If the programmers had one week per frame, I can guarantee that you'd get some killer visuals. :)

Quote: from ExCyber on 1:16 pm on April 10, 2002

Yes. Frame rate is absolutely linked to graphics quality. If the programmers had one week per frame, I can guarantee that you'd get some killer visuals. :)

Heeheehee... LOL ExCyber. :)))))

MMMM.... In my opinion, the game with the best graphics is Radiant Silvergun. Taromarou, Athlete Kings, Virtua Fighter 2, Dead or Alive and the King of Fighters series are also very cool games.

a good one with great frame rate is "princess crown"

have a nice 2d graphics and no slowdowns........ only the bad thing that have a long loadings.

(Hey what do you think about Shenmue Saturn, that game have a killer graph and a good frame rate.... for me the best graph of all 32 and 64 bits systems... but that game never see the light..... so sad thing.)

The Saturn Shenmue project is a long story and better not to start it here but I'll tell you that we haven't as you already said see Shenmue in action only an FMV and this proves nothing. We don't know if that FMV was taken from a computer or from the Saturn (same thing for the frames). Shenmue was in an early stage so we simply can't compare it to other games. For example, if you played Shining Force 3 Premium Disc you can see the promotion video from the early stage of SF3 scenario 1. There is Synbios with about double the amount of polygons it has in the final version, and he is in a location with tree-houses into a forest which simply doesn't exists in the final version. ;)

I´d say:

Burning Rangers - Amazing effects, wonderful design

Sonic R - nice 3d, very colorful

Panzer Dragoon Saga - Simply amazing in everything

Virtua Fighter 2 - Smooth framerate and high FPS

Shining Force III - Special effects galore

Wha'da'ya mean? Virtua Figher had veryhigh First Person Shooter!
tongue.gif

(Edited by Curtis at 11:43 pm on April 14, 2002)

I read all 3 pages of the subject and was amazed nobody mentionned Mr Bones. I never saw better Saturn FMV than on this game. And the ingame graphics are incredibly cool, too.

I'd also vote for Princess Crown and Taromaru. Both of these games are gorgeous, too. I'd kill to get an english version of Princess Crown...
tongue.gif
and also a Mr Bones 2
wink.gif

I agree with most of the above (I love Mr Bones too, especially the cool music), but has anyone played Dead or Alive? High frame rate (60fps?) and cool animation. Or at the other extreme how about Enemy Zero? No-one has mentioned Wipeout 2097, the Virtua Cop games or Vampire Savior. I also thought the graphics were pretty good in Final Fight Revenge although the game was a bit average.

Without a question it has to be.........shan: triple threat. The frame rate when you clicked the matching tiles is.....unbeatable.

"Classified as human? Negative I am a meat Popsicle" :woah:

Thats true, Dead or alive is very good. The Virtua Cop games looks very nice also. The Saturn conversion of Quake looks very good and Atlantis the lost tales (thought only released i europe) has some very nice scenes. There are many mentionable games here.

Nobody answered what games ran at 704x480. Radiant sort of looks like it. I havent played it in a couple months so I don't recall offhand. From what I remember the wipeout games had pretty good graphics. Those were good sellers back then, a new genre so to speak. I don't think panzer dragoon saga was running at 704x480. The fmv's looked like it though.

Its really hard to say. Some games are great in one way and some in other ways.

Also , Virtual On, Sega Rally, Daytona Usa CCE, and more also deserves a mentioning. As fot the resolution, have anyone noticed that the title screen of Panzer Dragoon Saga uses an amazingly high resolution. It almost looks like 800*600. I guess that screen uses the Saturns highest, but i am not shure. 704*480. The games that uses high-res normally uses 640*480 since that fits the tv better.

1. Astal(still the best damn looking 2d game with beautiful music to boot)

2. Radient Silvergun *duh*

3. Virtual Fighter 2 (nothing, and I mean nothing on the psx can match it)

4. Panzer Dragoon Series(PD1, PD2 zwei, PDsaga)

5. Nights Into Dreams(nothing like it)

Back