what to improve/add here ?

Netplay section, screenshots of games section to use as reference, better layout SX and NX have too much dark colors.

I really like the layout of the site! The community is what sucks, however. We need more active people here participating on the forums.

How do we do it? Well, the people here should invite their personal friends and get them to be a regular here. Not only is Placebo a member but I got my lady Twilight Princess to join here as well. And I can get my friend Evans to join also. So, there is another member who will remain active and add to the overall enjoyment of this community.

Another idea is to do a massive Email to all the members here reminding them to come post about their Gaming Thoughts and participate in some Clan Tornaments :D

PlaceboHead said:
I really like the layout of the site! The community is what sucks, however. We need more active people here participating on the forums.

How do we do it? Well, the people here should invite their personal friends and get them to be a regular here.
I know only people who don't want to write in english as it's not their native language. :(
Another idea is to do a massive Email to all the members here reminding them to come post
(/quote]
No idea how to do this maybe Dibz knows. I will check anyway in the admin part of the forum.
about their Gaming Thoughts and participate in some Clan Tornaments :D
Why not with emus :)

The Admins have access to all the members emails, right? Then we can get the Founder of this place *who is that anyway?* to make a generic "Our site has improved and we want you back" letter. Then, in the Send To: section, put down ALL the emails of our members. That will reach em all instantly and hopefully the actiivity will pick up a few days later.

Twilight Princess stopped coming here because it is too dead. If we can pull back in old members, that will be the life this clan needs to survive. A clan is only as good as its members...so we REALLY NEED to make this work.

Why Not??? There are some 2000 Members you have here that AREN'T ever gonna return...unless you tell them to. Or atleast, give em a reason to. But hey, it's you're call. Either get more of the old members to come back and 'rejoin' our discussions or face this clan crumbling (due to lack of participation).

Who is running this place? Where is he? Why doesn't he do anything to make this a better community? You gotta give people a REASON to come here everyday or it just won't happen...

Most of those members who are inactive here were from the original import from the SegaXtreme message boards. When this site got started a few years ago, all member accounts from SX were imported to this site's board.

My own hope has been to see this site's forums and SX's combined on VGX. The crossover traffic would take care of getting more people to these forums.

I don't like the idea of combining the forums. I feel they would lose their identity. Nintendo people come here to talk. Sega people go over there to talk. It is much better that way.

Pyrite said:
Netplay section, screenshots of games section to use as reference, better layout SX and NX have too much dark colors.
I could make a Netplay section but It would mean writting FAQ, tutorial and I'm not a writer even in french. It's a good idea to add a screenshot section. Do you think we should start with games we have in mind or ask people which game they would like to see ?

Kuta, I understand what your saying. However, some people are fans of both. Back when I came to SX and NX more I frequently swapped between the message boards.

As for visits, different poeple have different reasons. My employer is going through a merger, and I have little time for web sites. I know some people over on SX have mentioned leaving the game scene. I too am almost to that point. I'm holding out for the WII. I like the idea of some new 8 and 16 bit games.

Mass mailing would be unsolicited, I'm a system administrator at work and I am very aware that is a very good way to get our server blacklisted. Mass mailing is not going to happen, period.

Just do what I did on the SX board. Purge all users who haven't logged in in 90 days or more, who have 0 posts. If they've actualy posted, the account can stay. Then if you do want to send out an e-mail, you're only spamming people who have either posted (IE: established a business relationship) or were here recently enough that they should remember the site.

Back