What would play copied or imported Saturn games?

I know a mod chip would allow the saturn to play copied or imported games, but is there anything else? A boot disk or anything? I heard that the 4-1 converter would work, but I dont know. Has anyone heard of this or can help?

Thanks.

a mod chip wont let u play imported games, only copied games. one way to play import games is to install a switch, which takes a bit of soldery handiwork (but it aint hard)

A ST-key cart helps a lot to play imports. The 4in1 cart is very helpful to do the swap trick, another way to play copies. Go to the miscellaneous section in sx.

Is it possible to build a cart that boots copied games? I noticed when my AR 4-in-1 is in the Saturn it boots to this first. Perhaps a cart could tell the Saturn when it boots not to check the CD to see if it is a real game. Possible?

It might be possible, but it's a long shot. The CD controller requires that check to take place before it will read data tracks; it's not just a matter of skipping a few instructions in the BIOS.

You can only use a mod chip for copied games, not imports. I am not sure if there is boot disks, but I am sure that you can find something on Warez, if you go to that stuff....

Back