Cdrwin always is giving me problems. i have a bunch of games i need to rip but can't. What is the next best program to rip. I looked on the misc section but it doesn't go into to much detail on different ripping ways. Thanks.
(not meaning to be rude, but it gets on my NERVES when people can't find something without someone else spoon-feeding them, when the internet is FULL of readily accessible tools for finding information. Jeezus, my 7 years old sister can use search engines already - with my incentive, of course
DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT use Alcohol 120% to rip Sega games. I did some testing with Sega CD games and found that Alcohol improperly indexed the audio tracks, so when you skipped to a track, you would be part way into the track instead of at the beginning.
I don't have any Saturn games to test this, but I would guess that the same thing would happen due to the similar nature of the discs.
If you need another bin/cue ripping program, go with Blindread (part of the Blindwrite suite, www.blindwrite.com I believe). Blindread is the only program I have found, other than CDRWin which reliably perfect backup images. As for making a new disc, I use CDRWin to burn all bin/cue's because it's the only program I have found to work reliably in that situation. Blindwrite will not make a working copy from a Blindread image.
If you don't need a bin/cue image specifically, you can also use newer versions of Nero Burning Rom (www.nero.com).
I'm not convinced CloneCD is appropriate for Sega CD / Saturn games, or even bin/cue's in general.
The last time I did a series of ripping tests, CloneCD stuck an extra sector in the binary (.img) somewhere, and I think the rest of the sectors in the bin were then offset by one spot. I don't remember this happening in previous tests I did with other titles, so it makes me wonder what's happening there. It could just be a fluke in this most recent case.
CloneCD also seems to do a half assed job with cuesheets in general. While every other bin/cue ripper I can think of right now marks a new track with both "index 00" and "index 01" lines, CloneCD skips the "index 00" line altogether. I seem to remember having problems loading the cuesheet into a burning program, but I can't say for sure right now. While I don't think this is technically correct, I would rather use something that I know is reliable.
So right now, I'm not going to say CloneCD does or does not work well for what you want to do, I would suggest exploring other options first.