Whats the best cdr's to use for a sega saturn ?

Nice to see someone else thinks that the Durabrands are good. I even used those bad-boys for Playstation burning, and they've come the closest of all the discs I've used to working, and in Saturn stuff, it works like a charm.

Hope I didn't offend someone by mentioning Sony...
smile.gif

Sarge

yamaha's are taiyo yudens btw. An where are people getting yuden tdk's? everywhere i go all i see is the made in taiwan tdk's.

im new in these forums

but i dont seem to have any problems burning saturn games to any sort of media

i use a plextor 12 x and i can happily burn all day without a problem

on all cdr im in uk so data safe,diskhouse,verbs,even cheap silvers do the trick.

that saturn has got a very good laser in it so its more tolerant than a psx laser ie: aybody here ever adjusted a saturn laser??

not me but the psx was always getting some adjustments

btw i see some one grumbling about the ps2 as well

listen here i dont even have a problem with that either.but i wouldnt got so far as burning at say 24x for it .

the faster u burn the less likely it is to burn deeper in to the cdr.

but good burners are around

plextor mirai teac and yamahas are all good ones

well in in uk anyway

just burn at slower speeds on say any cdr that is white top

preferable green under side(dont ask why just for me they seem to burn nicer)carnt remember the last time i trashed a cd

share the wealth

i use a plextor 12 x and i can happily burn all day without a problem

Yeah, the burner is just as important as the media. Plextor is considered by many to be the best brand (I think they usually use Sanyo drives, but do their own firmware R&D).

aybody here ever adjusted a saturn laser??

Yes, but it's mostly developers who want to use CD-RW to t

est their code.
biggrin.gif

preferable green under side(dont ask why just for me they seem to burn nicer)

Assuming that the plastic isn't dyed, I think green indicates cyanine+gold. IIRC this is the original combo developed by Taiyo Yuden, and many burners are probably optimized for it (though it probably matters much less for something like a Plextor).

An where are people getting yuden tdk's?

I think you misread what I said; I was listing Taiyo Yuden and TDK as both being good manufacturers. I've never encountered TDKs made by Taiyo Yuden.

Nice to see someone else thinks that the Durabrands are good.

Durabrand (at least the ones I got) = CMC Magnetics, which has been a mixed bag in my experience.

Back