Whats the best place to buy used?

Yo all,

I'm just curious as to what the BEST place to purchase used SegaCD games is. I would like to know if a place, other than eBay, exists where there's a wide selection of them, and I can get them fairly quickly and have it be a fairly reliable resource.

I'm not very picky, so instruction booklets nor even the box matter to me. As long as it works. It can have crayon marks all over the disc for all I care.

The reason I ask this is because a friend of mine just literally handed over his console to me before setting out for College, and, ever since a child, I've always been anxious to enjoy the wonders the system beholds, such as Sonic CD and stuffs. I'm also wayyyy to stupid with this kind of computer stuff to be able to grasp the concepts of emulation and that sort of thing.

To compensate for my lack of knowledge, I've decided that I'm now going on a shopping spree, and I'd like to know the best QUICK, RELIABLE, SECURE, and, mainly, a GOOD REPUTABLE site on where to purchase such games. I also believe this is the more moral way, as piracy and such is illegal.

THANKS!

welcome to SX.

to answer your question -- good luck

The best places are here in the SX BST Board and on eBay

Ebay for me is still the best source for all my classic gaming needs however the last few years I have noticed that the prices on ebay for whatever reason seem to be getting higher, however ebay is still the best source where you know you can get what you want almost always.

the best places to get segacd games are FTP and IRC. especially if you don't care about manuals and boxes. if you really need the original discs then check the buy/sell/trade forums on this board. forewarning they are tough to find. i've had better luck finding obscure japaneese saturn games than segacd games. and uhh... forget about local game stores having them. just forget it. if you're really lucky you might be able to find a copy of sol feace and sonic cd at the flea market, but that's about it. trust me. i've searched far and wide myself.

Ebay for me is still the best source for all my classic gaming needs however the last few years I have noticed that the prices on ebay for whatever reason seem to be getting higher

I know what you mean xposure, ebay has gotten pricier, in the last few years, I think its the fact that more and more people are ebay-ing, and that the knowlege of "retro-gamming" is spreading to the outside very quickly, nostalgia, is a good thing, but a costly thing..

:cheers

You can still get a lot of great deals on ebay. I am gonna get myself a copy of Gun Valkyrie for under 10 bucks. That's not an old game obviously, but I'm just sayin. I've bought lots of Genesis/Sega CD/32X/Saturn/Dreamcast titles on ebay.

most older generation games -- especially those that can be copied and played easily -- are basically bought and sold as collector items.

Back