What's this 4in1 ???

What's this 4in1 ???

I have one of those from a lot I bought a while back. I've always been wondering what exactly was special about mine as well. The sticker has a "32M" on it. It indeed does have a LOT of storage. The switch in the middle allows you to change from 1M to 4M for the games that require it. It has the Action Replay cheat system on board.

Not sure what else about it is different that a normal 4in1. Anyone else happen to know?

What's this 4in1 ???

The sticker has a "32M" on it.

Most likely referring to the expansion RAM, which is 32 megabits.

The switch in the middle allows you to change from 1M to 4M for the games that require it.

This probably just changes the cart ID byte, which shouldn't be necessary. I have yet to hear of a 1MB game that won't accept a 4MB cart ID...

It indeed does have a LOT of storage.

The "blocks" on AR carts are usually quite a bit smaller than the "blocks" used by the BIOS memory manager. Most AR carts only have 2MBit of total flash, with a quarter of that occupied by the firmware. A "real" backup cart is 8MBit.

What's this 4in1 ???

I don't know, but by the look of things you'll be finding out soon enough. ;)

What's this 4in1 ???

Yes, I bought it. I wasn't patient enough to wait for the reply, and it was quite cheap for an item that seems to be pretty rare, isn't it ? :)

Djidjo

What's this 4in1 ???

I have heard of a Cart that can play backups on non modchipped Saturns on www.gamefaqs.com. Saturn section. but don't know if this is the one..

Djidjo, let us know if it plays backup or not when you receive it.

What's this 4in1 ???

I wouldn't count on it.

It looks like just another 4 in 1 clone to me.

What's this 4in1 ???

Everybody's heard of these magical piracy carts, but no-one's ever seen one, and people who claim to own one always turn out to be lying or just plain confused. That should be a big enough hint about the availability of them outside the wet dreams of warez kiddies.

What's this 4in1 ???

Originally posted by REDFLELD@Mar 25, 2004 @ 12:21 AM

I have heard of a Cart that can play backups on non modchipped Saturns on www.gamefaqs.com. Saturn section. but don't know if this is the one..

Djidjo, let us know if it plays backup or not when you receive it.

Your talking about Magic Strong Cards (Literal Translation), and yes I've seen them in stores before. But like most of the "classic" sx staff who have been around long enough will say, those cards are totally useless. Basicly you plug it in, and follow the onscreen instructions (if you can read Chinese anyways). When it says to swap, you open the drive, the CD spins down and you do the swap. Close the drive, CD spins up and you play the game. But its a waist of money since anyone can do the swap without it. Also some HK and Chinese stores which sold Silver CDs tried to spread news that the new games won't run without one. Total lies. They just wanted to dump stock so that they could stock Mod boards which were a lot better. Some places like Toronto never even got Strong Cards. They just jumped directly to Mod Boards.

Back