What's your 3 favorite pieces of software

Any Mac OS (Hey.. it IS a piece of software!)

Nero

iMovie

Many others... but that's all I can think of right now.

Honorable Mention:

SmartFTP

Any P2P Software that doesn't eat my resources dry (Kazaa and Morpheus slow my computer down to hell, I uninstalled Morpheus more than a year ago, and I'll be "uninstalling" Kazaa later this week, or early next week, by formatting my HDD, so I can put Win98 on there.. goodbye WinME!)

QuickTime

Winamp

Netscape

iCab

Windows XP Professional Corporate Edition :devil

Office 2000 Professional

Nero Burning Rom

Quicktime must die
tongue.gif
the only (proprietary) video format worse than it is Realplayer :devil

Anyway, what makes Phoenix/Firebird different from the regular Mozilla? :confused

Anyway, what makes Phoenix/Firebird different from the regular Mozilla?

Mozilla Firebird is a new browser based on the same libraries (HTML rendering, network code, etc.) as the old Mozilla Application Suite (aka Mozilla Seamonkey). It's generally lighter on resource usage and is a cleaner program overall. There's a similar project for a mail/news app, called Mozilla Thunderbird. Basically, they're going to stop releasing/maintaining "Mozilla" as one big application and start maintaining the core code and apps separately.

Originally posted by gamefoo21@May 22, 2003 @ 05:45 PM

Windows XP Professional Corporate Edition :devil

haha I happen to like that one too
wink.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@May 22, 2003 @ 06:06 PM

Quicktime must die
tongue.gif
the only (proprietary) video format worse than it is Realplayer :devil

I think quicktime is quite nice actually for proprietary

Not if you're stuck with a (slightly) bloated player interface instead of being able to use ANY media player for Quicktime movies. It's based on MPEG-4, just like DivX, yet I could never play even smallish QT movies without hiccups.

Originally posted by Taelon@May 22, 2003 @ 08:04 PM

Not if you're stuck with a (slightly) bloated player interface instead of being able to use ANY media player for Quicktime movies. It's based on MPEG-4, just like DivX, yet I could never play even smallish QT movies without hiccups.

really? my 266 laptop can play QT fine.

way better than it can play divx

althought I run 2K and you run 98, so that may make a difference

Hmm.

Did they improve Quicktime that much from version 5 to version 6? Perhaps I should reevaluate my opinion.
blink.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@May 23, 2003 @ 05:25 PM

Hmm.

Did they improve Quicktime that much from version 5 to version 6? Perhaps I should reevaluate my opinion.
blink.gif

not really sure about that, but what I do know is you can play Quicktime with QuickTime Alternative

You can play Quicktime files with MediaPlayer CLassic
biggrin.gif

Quicktime! Ahh!
blink.gif
the world's most horrible media player! I've never seen a 'good' version of quicktime.

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@May 23, 2003 @ 09:22 PM

Quicktime! Ahh!
blink.gif
the world's most horrible media player! I've never seen a 'good' version of quicktime.

I personally think that would go to Real

At least Quicktime has good quality and their player isn't anything bad -- just not good

Originally posted by Supergrom@May 23, 2003 @ 10:23 PM

the only beef i have with quicktime is that it sometimes doesnt integrate into browsers properly, and i have problems playing extra large videos. As far as streaming goes though, i like it better than most other formats.

i don't like that it doesn't work with Mozilla

although neither does windows media or real

Originally posted by Supergrom@May 23, 2003 @ 08:23 PM

As far as streaming goes though, i like [quicktime] better than most other formats.

I know what you mean, I have too many problems with the wma/v streaming format and real. Just yesterday I was wowed more by the near flawlessness and quality of a quicktime stream than the actual streaming content.

Originally posted by Supergrom@May 23, 2003 @ 10:23 PM

the only beef i have with quicktime is that it sometimes doesnt integrate into browsers properly, and i have problems playing extra large videos. As far as streaming goes though, i like it better than most other formats.

It also likes to associate itself with all your extens even when specificially uncheck all of them during installation.

1. windows XP pro(only had it crash once and it told me to download newer drivers for my video card not bad at all)

2. AIM till people start using something else besides AOL i'll be using this to talk to people

3. Windows media player- i listen to music a lot and it really isn't that bad once you figure it all out

And to counter the previous post

1. OSX

2. iTunes4

3. Mandrake Linux

Kazaa Lite

Cool Edit Pro

98 Lite

Haven't done any messing around with music for a while, but Cool Edit Pro is handy for transferring vinyl to MP3 or CD
smile.gif

Back