What's your favorite Sonic game

racketboy

Established Member

I would have to say my favorite Sonic game would be Sonic Shuffle.

seriously.... I think Sonic CD is the coolest because of the time travel and the awesome Robotnik soundtrack.

How about you? Tell why you like your favorite.

And Sonic Jam or the Mega Collection doesn't count.

Sonic, SMS. I had only seen ONE videogame before I bought it -Alex Kidd in Miracle World, and it was built-in. Awesome. My first and favourite Sonic game, and the main reason why I love Sega
love.gif
. I managed to complete the 2 first stages with my eyes closed some years ago, haha.

Does Sonic 3 and Knuckles count? Or no because it is two carts?

If that's the case, then I'll say just Sonic 3. Although from what I've playied of Sonic Advance 2, that's pretty good, and high up there.

That's a hard one to call.. I'd have to say the first game because of how much I played it when it came out, and I still play it now.

you mean none of you so far loved the Sonic theme song with the animation from Sonic CD?

"Sonic boom, sonic boom, sonic boom"
smile.gif

Well that wasn't your question
smile.gif

If they made a Sonic Adventure game that was comprised only of the fast levels (like Sonic and Shadow's in SA2), that could get in the running. I played those levels over and over
smile.gif

Yeah I didn't like the "adventure" stuff from Sonic Adven. and I didn't like many of the non-Sonic levels from either SA or SA2.

Sonic 3, for Carnival Night Zone.

The only levels i really enjoyed were tails' in Sonic Adventure. They were fast and fun.

er....i'd say....Sonic Adventure....i only wish SA2 was done in the same way.....not just Hero/Dark......

Ahh...Sonic Adventure - my equal-first DC game (along with MSR). As much as it impressed me, though, the original Sonic the Hedgehog for the Master System is still my favourite. I still love that green waterfall/jungle stage with the log rolling.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Curtis@Jan. 11 2003, 1:54 pm

Ahh...Sonic Adventure - my equal-first DC game (along with MSR). As much as it impressed me, though, the original Sonic the Hedgehog for the Master System is still my favourite. I still love that green waterfall/jungle stage with the log rolling.
smile.gif

ohmy.gif
Yeah!

Originally posted by Tony Skyrunner@Jan. 10 2003, 11:43 pm

I managed to complete the 2 first stages with my eyes closed some years ago, haha.

I'm going off topic a bit, but hey...

You reminded me of something. Years ago the only MegaDrive game I had was Thunder Force III, my friend and I used to play it constantly and got so good we could both complete it on 'Mania' level without losing a life. We got bored and tried to increase the challenge, we tried playing blindfold, but the best one was sitting in front of a mirror with the TV behind us and playing back-to-front. Those were the days...
biggrin.gif

Back on topic, I'll go for Sonic CD... fantastic music and great gameplay.

I used to do similar stuff to that with the first Sonic.. How we used to have to squeeze our money's worth out of games in the olden days.

I can imagine wheeling these stories out to grandchildren when they're playing 'Tony Hawk Jnr's Pro Hoverboarding 54'.

'Aaah, we used to make our own entertainment back in the 16-bit days..'

Heheh! On Sonic 1 we used to have a speed challenge to see who could finish stage 1-1 fastest. If I remember right I got 27 seconds.

Originally posted by segasonic@Jan. 12 2003, 12:32 pm

Heheh! On Sonic 1 we used to have a speed challenge to see who could finish stage 1-1 fastest. If I remember right I got 27 seconds.

There is a time attack mode on Sonic Jam where you can just race through the levels and record your time. I can't remember the time I got for level 1-1, it was pretty good though.

Back on topic, my favourite Sonic game is Sonic 3 + Knuckles. If thats not allowed, I'd go for Sonic 1 on the Megadrive/Genesis. Sonic 2 for the Master System would be a close second, lots of fond memories from playing that game.

Originally posted by segasonic@Jan. 12 2003, 2:32 pm

I remember on Gamesmaster they said the record for it was about 29 seconds.. I beat that at the time, but it sounds like you've shattered my illusion that I was the UK's Sonic master
smile.gif

Incidentally, Dominik Daimond is pretty poor at games.. I beat him at Street Fighter II with Blanka. How proud I was at the time.

I would have to say Sonic CD for its awesome soundtrack in both US and JAP formats and of course the "Past" and "Future" scheme. I have that "Wacky Workbench" tune playing in my head now!

Back