What's your favorite special stage

CrazyGoon

Established Member

I was just thinking about how unique the special stages were in the Sonic the Hedgehog games. Sonic 1 had the rotating maze, Sonic 2 had the downwards chute, and Sonic 3 had the 3D sphere. 3 different special stages in 3 different games :) Not only that, but they all had different ways of entering the special stage: Sonic 1 you had to have 50+ rings when you pass the level, then jump into the giant ring. Sonic 2, you had to have 50+ rings when you touch a checkpoint, then jump into the stars. In Sonic 3 you had to find a hidden giant ring in the stage. I only chose these 3 games for an example, though your welcome to post your favorite special stage in other Sonic games :cool: . For example, Sonic CD which has the 3D stage with the UFOs.

Well, my favorite Sonic special stage is the one from Sonic 1. When I play them I'm like "Not that way dammit! :p ". Hehe. Runner up would be the Sonic CD special stage, because I'm like "Come back here dammit!!" :D , followed closely by the Sonic 2 special stage where I'm like "Need more rings?... Dammit!!!" :lol: I also get a laugh at how lame the first special stage is in Sonic 3D for Saturn. Try not touching the controller and see if you pass it ;). My favorite way of entering the special stages is Sonic 2 (50+ rings at checkpoint.) I like this method most because it makes it harder to get into the special stage. I mean, in Sonic 1 you can pass the sign at the end and forget to jump but can still walk back and jump into the ring. And in Sonic 3, you just have to remember where the special stages are hidden and it becomes quite easy. But in Sonic 2, lots of times you are going so fast you run straight through a checkpoint and are too late in getting back in time, or you have less than 50 rings and accidentally run through a checkpoint when you would rather of saved it until you had 50 rings :devil.

Sonic 2 for everything.

And it's the only one with 2 player support.

I like the Sonic 2 one as well, and the sonic 2 access method. After that I'd say the Sonic 1 stage beats the sonic 3 stage

I like the Sonic 1 special stages the best. The rotating maze is awesome.

I like the ones in Sonic 3d on Saturn. Like the ones in Sonic 2 but looking much better. Really, those special levels looks much better than the rest of the game and they are really fun. After that I have to say Sonic 2, as mentioned, its fun with a two plyer mode there.

And all of the bonus stages were WAY ahead of their time. It showed off what the Genny could do.

I like Sonic 2's, but you can tell they're pre-calculated :) Not too much work.

Sonic Advance's are pretty cool too, but frustrating... until you really learn to judge ring placement.

Back