Where are you from...?

Originally posted by sizone@Jan. 25 2003, 9:33 pm

Tony Skyrunner Posted on Jan. 24 2003, 6:48 pm

I thought the Spaniards only played with their Playzzztations!

really?, i thought spaniards only played master systems

Nope, they play their NEZZZ

I mean, before reading this thread I thought I was the ONLY person in Spain with a Sega console. Well, not really, but you get the idea
biggrin.gif

It's nice to see that there are some Sega fans here
blush.gif

Well, at the begining we were a country of computers:

Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, C-64, MSX, Amiga, Atari ST... and consoles were not very popular (some people had an Atari 2600) until the arrive of the MegaDrive, then everybody wants this console and everybody forgot the computers (even the powerful Amiga). MegaDrive was not cheap so people bought a master system or a nes (and a lot like myself bought a console compatible with the nes) but they saved money to buy a megadrive. Of course, Snes sold a lot of systems (I think MegaDrive won here but who knows) and little wars happened between fans.

The problem came with megacd and 32x, a lot of old sega lovers became anti sega, they bought lots of psx and very few saturns and now Sony controls everything.

People have had the brain washed and they say stupid and nonesense things like these:

"Sega is too old, the new leaders are Sony and Dreamcast"

"MegaDrive was more an 8 bit machine than 16 bit"

"The MegaDrive sound was pathetic because it had the same sound chip of the Master System" (they meant only the psg)

"Snes was as successful as psx"

"Saturn was a pathetic system"

"People bought millions of MegaDrives because they were cheated by Sega"

Are people stupid or they have a supernatural hate against Sega?

I can´t understand because only some years ago the situation was very different and now everybody has forgotten the real facts and they lie.

Nadius Posted on Jan. 25 2003, 7:55 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They sound like Dezorians.

only if you're wearing the wrong cap

and shouldn't it be desolian?, like desolate

RedAngel Posted on Jan. 25 2003, 7:35 pm

"Sega is too old, the new leaders are Sony and Dreamcast"

a bit of an inconsitancy there

Originally posted by sizone@Jan. 25 2003, 7:21 pm

Nadius Posted on Jan. 25 2003, 7:55 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They sound like Dezorians.

only if you're wearing the wrong cap

and shouldn't it be desolian?, like desolate

I thought someone would challenge my spelling of Dezoris, but i didn't think it would be what you pointed out. I've always seen it spelled with a "z". Think "Dezo Owl". But somewhere. i'm sure that it could have been translated with an "s".

I went with the spelling I first saw in the original US release of Phantasy Star. Not Dezo, or Dezolis.

back in the summer of 2000 when i had my second period of OBSESSION with ps2 (you're not the only one) i pondered many things. one was the pronouciation of dezo, it could be either a hard "z" as is zion, or a soft "z" producing an s sound as in, well hell i can't this of any examples. none the less the s sound seems more apropriate owing to the fact that it's a damn ice planet, ya know desolation, desolate, deso

Originally posted by sizone@Jan. 25 2003, 11:03 pm

back in the summer of 2000 when i had my second period of OBSESSION with ps2 (you're not the only one) i pondered many things. one was the pronouciation of dezo, it could be either a hard "z" as is zion, or a soft "z" producing an s sound as in, well hell i can't this of any examples. none the less the s sound seems more apropriate owing to the fact that it's a damn ice planet, ya know desolation, desolate, deso

How about Desdemona?

Yeah, i see what you mean, and it does make sense.

What exactly were we talking about again?
biggrin.gif

Back