Where to obtain dreamsnes and the like

Originally posted by it290@Wed, 2006-01-18 @ 11:18 PM

dcemulation.com, try google next time.

[post=143592]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry about that :(

I found dream snes.

Scratch all that. Site IT listed is perfect. Didn't see that one when searching google prior to my question.

Thanks

Didn't even think of looking there.

Do have a question for ya though.

I dl'd dreamsnes. I go ot pop it in and it's just menu's. NO games. So I am thinking ok have to add games manually ( remember I am new at this, no exp whatsoever )

So I start dl'ing the roms I want for this disc.

My question is, how do you get the roms on?

Does the disc close itself like when you make a music cd therefore no more adding to it?

DO I add dreamsnes, and the roms all at once?

Thanks for any info as stated before super new at this

There are three ways...

First is the most difficult... it requires all the data files and not an image and you create a roms folder in the main directory and build your own self booting disk. - probably something your not looking for.

Second - The old school easy route. You burn the disk image. That is just used as a boot disk to load the program. Once at the menu screen you swap in a regular data disk that you burned with a Roms folder and all the games you wanted in it. It is advised to place the sound folder in there as well so that the music still plays in the menus... you can also swap in your own music files (.mp3) and customize that bit for yourself. (personally I had a few problems this way and actually burned ALL the data files of the program on the file disk... but this was back when it first came out and the newer versions are probably different)

The Third and easiest - download the disc builder UI. With this program you select the folder in which all the roms you want are located. The program downloads all the data files you need, and builds a disc image for you with the games on it. I believe it also DL's manuals and other junk as well (I may be confusing it with NesterDC)

All of them require that the files are NOT zipped up and that they have the proper extension name.

Here is a direct link to the image building program

link was provided by: http://mc.pp.se/dc/dreamsnes/#inst

Originally posted by mal@Fri, 2006-01-20 @ 05:33 AM

You forgot the fourth way...

Google it!

[post=143640]Quoted post[/post]​

Mal our great cynic

be warned Mal... one of these days you may turn into the dog you resemble (kynikos Gk. La.)

Back