Which Next Gen Console has the best party games

Shitface

Established Member
I am always looking for multiplayer games cause I have at least 2 or 3 friends over constantly. I am having trouble finding new games that are good for party games. Right now all we play is halo over XBC. But i am getting tired of it.

If ya vote, let me know what games you feel make that system the party king. I'll go check them out.

Definitely have to go with the Cube on this one. It has the Mario Parties, WarioWare, SSBM, Mario Kart, Godzilla:Destroy All Monsters Melee, F-Zero GX, and Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, all of which are great multiplayer games (well, maybe not Mario Party, but..).

I have always wanted to buy super monkey ball 2. I just never get around to it. I have mario kart, and i also think melee is great. Nobody ever wants to play melee or mario kart with me though. I think its cause they don't like gamecube. Stupid friends.

gamecube by far

PS2 is practically disqualified for not having native 4-player support

and about the only "party games" Xbox has is sports and FPSs

GC:

Mario Party series (bad reviews -- but they are good for some cheap fun)

Monkey Ball

Mario Kart

Wario Ware

Pac Man vs.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Zelda 4 Swords

more I can't think of because I don't own a cube quite yet

'Cube by far!

Super Smash Brothers Melee (I DESPISE this game with a passion, but it's fun with a group of friends for about five minutes...)

Super Monkey Ball (I'll take this over to my friend's and it's ALL they want to play!)

Mario Kart Double Dash (I've never played it, but it's Mario Kart!)

Wave Race: Blue Storm

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

F-Zero GX

WWE Wrestlemania X8

WWE Wrestlemania XIX

Legends of Wrestling

Legends of Wrestling II

NFL 2K3

NBA 2K3

NCAA Football 2K3

NCAA Basketball 2K3

NBA Street

NBA Street Volume 2

NFL Street

And that's all I can think of...

I would say either the Microsoft Xbox or the Nintendo GameCube, the Sony PlayStation2 lacks of exclusive "party" titles.

Super Smash Bros DX is extremely fun on Gamecube, while Dead or Alive 3 and HALO are great Xbox multiplayer games.

Cloud - You should only name exclusive releases!

well, i need to guy buy 2 more gamecube controllers, supermonkey ball, and Final Fantasy CC. Man do i wanna play that game.

Dead or alive is up to 4 players in a tag team match.

Well, i really need to pick up more GC party games then.

Right now my xbox is my party system because of the following games i have,

Halo

Unreal Championship

Phatasy star Online (is GC 4 player?)

Fuzion Frenzy (crapy Mario Party Wannabe)

Deathrow

Serious Sam (this game on system link is great!)

Midnight club II (can ps2 do 4 player?)

Brute Force (co-op play with 4 is great)

Ghost Recon (system link)

whacked (sucks!!)

Mech Assault

On Gamecube, i only have

Smash Bros Melee

Mario Kart

Zoo cubed (boring)

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 29, 2004 @ 05:36 PM

oh really? cool :)

how does it play? is it too frantic?

I don't own it. My friend does however, but never brings it over for us to play. I could just copy it to my HD, but i don't like doing that.

Edit: in other words, i havn't tried it! :lol:

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jun 29, 2004 @ 05:16 PM

I would say either the Microsoft Xbox or the Nintendo GameCube, the Sony PlayStation2 lacks of exclusive "party" titles.

Super Smash Bros DX is extremely fun on Gamecube, while Dead or Alive 3 and HALO are great Xbox multiplayer games.

Cloud - You should only name exclusive releases!

I was looking at my 'Cube library when I made the list, that's why I thought of all those multi-platform titles as well.

Wouldn't the Xbox, PS2 and GC count as current systems rather than next generation by now?

Originally posted by mal@Jun 29, 2004 @ 06:16 PM

Wouldn't the Xbox, PS2 and GC count as current systems rather than next generation by now?

Eh, i guess. I actually never called them next generation until this thread!! :lol:

Hmm, it really boils down to semantics, but the DC is certainly current-generation unless you consider the N64 to be 'next-gen' compared to the PSX and Saturn.

Originally posted by it290@Jun 29, 2004 @ 10:08 PM

Hmm, it really boils down to semantics, but the DC is certainly current-generation unless you consider the N64 to be 'next-gen' compared to the PSX and Saturn.

At first, both Dreamcast and PlayStation2 were supposed to rival the Nintendo64!

Back