Which Racing game?

the dc has a reasonable line up of racing games which cover most genres of racing.

personally i only have sega rally 2 and tokyo extreme racer.

its time for me to get some more but what im looking for is graphics over gameplay here folks so what do u recommend?

Lemans 24 Hour is one of the prettiest games on DC, period. I wasn't overawed by either MSR or Sega GT - the car models are too basic in MSR and the tracks too plain in GT.

Haven't tried F355...yet
smile.gif

Graphically it has to be test drive le mans it really is a showcase of the dc's graphical power. For raw real simulation F355 challenge, but if your not a racing nut F355 can be very challenging and frustrating.

Originally posted by Agent21KGB@Aug. 15 2002, 8:57 pm

Graphically it has to be test drive le mans it really is a showcase of the dc's graphical power. For raw real simulation F355 challenge, but if your not a racing nut F355 can be very challenging and frustrating.

Yea I think agent hit it right on the head, F355 is a pure sim, the best you can get on any console, if you got a wheel setup and can handle that Ferrari you will be in heaven and the graphics are just amazing, only one view tho, thats in car view, but I love that view.

Test Drive Le Mans is an awesome racer and has weather and great headlight effects and many cars in the races and on screen at once, and some great long track also, but the simulation isnt near that of F355 it is pretty good a mix of sim and arcade. Thing is there are many more cars to drive instead of the just one thats offered in F355 so you get a differant drive experience in each car. Both of those driving games are a must for any fan of the genre and a wheel is a must too IMO.

Gear you mentioned Tokyo Extreme Racer 2.

how does this compare to the original though? i finished that yesterday actually. i liked the graphics but found the car models very lacking in detail.

would anyone recommend this game if i already own the first one? (i did enjoy the first quite alot though)

i'd say MSR has the graphics down, gameplay aswell. it'll drive some people crazy tryin to beat the thing

others will have the rpm's maxed through every turn an take em smooth, ridin the curbs for what they're worth

get a wheel, mc2 or 360modena

MSR was one of the easiest games I've played in a while. It got damn repetitive after a while and I had chapter 25 complete after about 14 chapters.

When driving, I used the digital buttons for accellerator/brake and I developed a technique of braking just before a corner and then tapping the handbrake. It's the easiest way to generate high Kudos and still get fast times. Unfortunately the upshot was I won every race first go - no matter what the competition was. This wasn't helped by the poor "catch-up logic" of the opponents.

Originally posted by WiseMan@Aug. 16 2002, 1:42 am

Gear you mentioned Tokyo Extreme Racer 2.

how does this compare to the original though? i finished that yesterday actually. i liked the graphics but found the car models very lacking in detail.

would anyone recommend this game if i already own the first one? (i did enjoy the first quite alot though)

You found the car models lacking? I found them clear, with great shape and bright, and with an awesome level of detail. Even the interiors are greatly drawn.

Wich one did you actually finish, the first or the second one? The first has better music, easier (more arcade style) gameplay and a vs mode.

The second one has improved graphics, more options to the car, is a lot longer to play and has a more simulation gameplay.

i finished the first one which unlocked the type-930

i found the models really simple. although they were smooth.

i saw a reveiw of number 2 the other day, how customisable are the stickers and stuff for the cars? are there alot to chose from?

MSR, Sega GT, Vanishing Point all look great & are fun to play (I only use the steering wheels - not an analog controller) and F355 uses the DC link cable (if you have 2 copies & 2 DC's) so it's nice to play 2 players and have the whole screen to yourself....

Originally posted by WiseMan@Aug. 19 2002, 7:25 am

i finished the first one which unlocked the type-930

i found the models really simple. although they were smooth.

i saw a reveiw of number 2 the other day, how customisable are the stickers and stuff for the cars? are there alot to chose from?

It hasn't a great library of stickers at the start; but you gain the stickers of the rivals you defeat. Also, it has a paint utility to create your own.

You can customize all things from the first one plus more things like the gear ratio and stuff.

It is really a great game, try it out.

and I played all major racing games on DC !

not to mention it's enormous replay value,

but take care, it's way more difficult than the previous tokyo xtreme racer...

I have to agree with you GEAR, tx2 looks great (I am cureently trying to win a copy on ebay), so is tx1, although MSR I think is a bit nicer graphically. but TX1 and 2 are nice,

also sega GT has a nice "grand turismo"-ish theme and is good in that category as well.

How can noone mention Rush 2049? smooth framnerates in 4 player mode, huge levels full of secrets to track down, stunt mode, battle mode, circuts, and damn does it ever have sexy graphics

Back