Which Racing game?

Or how about Re-Volt? That one looks fantastic IMHO. That museum course with that reflective floor looks like animated raytracing of a decade ago
smile.gif

all these games metioned are top quality games and they all play different and have different themes so its up to individual in what preferance they like

f355 is just racing round a track thats it

tx series racing from point to point

rush 2049 has more elements than both these and is more fun

sega gt graphically v good upgrade cars plenty of tracks

msr top quality racing nice graphics (it came 1st before xbox project gotham)

vanishing point abit like msr but has more too it

daytona its handaling is poor but graphic wise pretty good

re-volt is in my terms is poor compared to the others its just boring

i have all racing games on dreamcast and i tend to play msr or vanishing point

or how about suzuki pack which has the daddy of racing games "OUTRUN" long over due a sequel

so its down to preferance really

speeding along trying to navigate corners or other cars your not going to notice the graphics much

if u really want to see some nice graphics get an xbox and quantum redshift and check out the water effects

just awesome
biggrin.gif

TRAITOR!! You know that Gamecube is the way to go when it comes to water FX
tongue.gif
Just look at Super Mario Sunshine... * drool *

As for Re-Volt, how come you consider it boring? As the only racer among all those you listed? It's great.. it's got weapons, too, Wipeout-style...

Which reminds me that Magforce Racing might also be considered a racing game although we're treading futuristic terrain here now. As I understand, this thread is about traditional car racing
smile.gif

i have a cube taelon and its no where near as good as an xbox(cube is good dont get me wrong and nintendo make excellent games but xbox just wipes floor with it)

but how can re-volt be considered traditional racing

its just remote control car racing

im not playing down the dreamcast i really do like the machine

i like it that much ive even sold my ps2 rather then get rid of dc its just a shame that they ditched it sega as pissed me off in this department its got the same graphical prowess as that of ps2 the only thing ps2 had going for it was the partical effects and its now getting all the dreamcast games which ive already played ,

as 4 mario sunshine too little too late 4 me nice game but its just same as mario 64 really with a few xtra bits bolted on

what it really needs is a 2d mario game like super mario on the snes.nuff said on that

theres also 18 wheeler ,4x4 evolution,4 wheel thunder,buggy heat,disney magical tour racing,exibition of speed,f1 grand prix,gta2,hydro thunder,speed devils ,pod speed zone,redline racer,star wars pod racer,jerry mcgrath,test drive +le mans,toy racer,even crazy taxi

there all racing games of some sort

Or how about Re-Volt? That one looks fantastic IMHO. That museum course with that reflective floor looks like animated raytracing of a decade ago

i take it u dont even have this game as u say "looks fantastic imho"cannot comment on a game u dont have and probs not played.

What's with this daffy duck dude....Where does he get the idea I don't have Re-Volt? And all that other stuff about which system is superior, blah blah, that is so old.

i have a cube taelon and its no where near as good as an xbox(cube is good dont get me wrong and nintendo make excellent games but xbox just wipes floor with it)

but how can re-volt be considered traditional racing

its just remote control car racing

im not playing down the dreamcast i really do like the machine

i like it that much ive even sold my ps2 rather then get rid of dc its just a shame that they ditched it sega as pissed me off in this department its got the same graphical prowess as that of ps2 the only thing ps2 had going for it was the partical effects and its now getting all the dreamcast games which ive already played ,

as 4 mario sunshine too little too late 4 me nice game but its just same as mario 64 really with a few xtra bits bolted on

what it really needs is a 2d mario game like super mario on the snes.nuff said on that

theres also 18 wheeler ,4x4 evolution,4 wheel thunder,buggy heat,disney magical tour racing,exibition of speed,f1 grand prix,gta2,hydro thunder,speed devils ,pod speed zone,redline racer,star wars pod racer,jerry mcgrath,test drive +le mans,toy racer,even crazy taxi

there all racing games of some sort

i take it u dont even have this game as u say "looks fantastic imho"cannot comment on a game u dont have and probs not played.

I don't get what you are saying...?

Taelon says "In my humble opinion, this game looks fantastic".

How is it that you figure that he doesn't own this game (or has at least played it) from that statement?

the topical question was "which racing game-graphically"

my opinion is that re-volt is no way up to standards of all the other racing games mentioned and i think that is what is being asked here,

as for going on about different systems

some of the games on dc are better than whats on ps2 ,xbox,gamecube

just i have all systems and a lot of games

just giving my opinion on whats graphically superior on the dc,via the way of racing games.

Thanks Curtis, exactly my point.

Might I also add that I find the idea of playing a racing game involving RC cars quite clever, since you're remotely controlling the cars (using your DC gamepad) just as you would a real RC car with a battery-operated remote. Really quite clever
smile.gif
In a weird way, it makes Re-Volt one of the most realistic racing games I've ever played, and the excellent physics only contribute to that.

Did you hear that, daffy? I PLAYED IT! I KNOW IT!
tongue.gif

point taken taelon

ive got re-volt and played it just didnt do it 4 me ~(graphic wise)

i like a more demanding game ie rallying or on the lines of gt3

u have an opinion and a right to it dude

but re-volt wasnt the first remote control car game

rc de go springs to mind on the ps1 they were a couple on snes/megadrive.stunt gp is also available on dc"have u tried do u have it "give me your opinion on this one

i do have it but not got round to playing it yet.

Originally posted by daffy duck@Oct. 13 2002, 4:55 pm

but re-volt wasnt the first remote control car game

rc de go springs to mind on the ps1 they were a couple on snes/megadrive.stunt gp is also available on dc

I think it was RC Pro Am for NES. Anyway, he didn't say Re-Volt was the first, but that it was a clever idea.

Back