Who here knows Zach Meston?

Works at 'Working Designs', translated Lunar 2, game reviewer, and overall nice guy.

Edit: Just looked him up, and he wrote a bunch of game secrets magazines. Pretty neat.

What is this, a blind date? If he pays, I'll go out with him. But I don't even kiss on the first date. A guy's gotta have his standards.
tongue.gif

No serious question, This guy did the SCD guide books for WD

Then The translations of L1 and L2 for PSX. Then other misc items, he knows alot. I mean if you like lunar and wanted to ask Why a certain joke was made or why a story in english was done etc. Would be him to ask, anyone interested?

how is ne1 suposed to meet this dude if people here live all over the world --- are you talking about an online chat?

is he offerring jobs?
smile.gif

Perhaps you should give us some details, rather than dangling a name in front of us. I'm sure there's more than one person here interested, if there's something of value that you're offering...

Ok what I mean is a IRC chat with him, I know him and I can get one setup. That is for anyone who loved Lunar, who likes to know more about being on a guide book team or translation team. Things like that, he can answer alot, like why a certain joke was made, or why it was decided to make a certain char have this attribute. Things like that.

Just thought you mightve wanted to meet a guy who did the back work. =)

If your interested let me know, cause I also gotta contact the PSX guys I know and get news around.

Hehe, that's cool and all, but I've never completed a Lunar game. All I've done is watch Lunar music videos or listen to MP3s soundtracks. You can see where I'm coming from, right?
biggrin.gif

Mysticales! I want to meet him!!! I am a huge fan of the Lunar series... Sega CD, psx, saturn.. I collect them
smile.gif
I love that series... Especially Silver Star Story... I would love to talk to him... I even won a free Lunar 2 shirt from Working Designs for emailing them and telling them their were a million grammatic and spelling errors in the hard book manual..
smile.gif
I got a real letter signed by a girl representative. She also told me that I could get everyone there to sign anything I just had to send the stuff in
smile.gif
Victor himself would sign it
smile.gif
Anyways yea that would be great if you could pm me or talk to me about it to tell me when you can do this I would appreciate it.

Victor isnt the "fan friendly" guy youd think he is.. thats all I can say about that.. and yes.. Zach could vouch for THAT too lol. Seems those 2 also didnt get along THAT much.

But yea, I mean its just nice to see about why certain gameplay translations were done or how it is to be on the lunar team or hell a translation team. Ill try to work a date soon with alot of pre warning and planning.

Actually, I was being sarcastic. I responded to a "tech" posting on there web site. Turned out, they were looking for sales people in the PC section. I found it humorous they labeled that as "Tech". I was looking for over a year before giving into call center life again. At least I'm dealing with computers.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Feb 27, 2003 @ 05:53 PM

Mysticales! I want to meet him!!! I am a huge fan of the Lunar series... Sega CD, psx, saturn.. I collect them
smile.gif
I love that series... Especially Silver Star Story... I would love to talk to him... I even won a free Lunar 2 shirt from Working Designs for emailing them and telling them their were a million grammatic and spelling errors in the hard book manual..
smile.gif
I got a real letter signed by a girl representative. She also told me that I could get everyone there to sign anything I just had to send the stuff in
smile.gif
Victor himself would sign it
smile.gif
Anyways yea that would be great if you could pm me or talk to me about it to tell me when you can do this I would appreciate it.

That's pretty cood. That just reminds me of something you guys might wanna hear (or not).

For a school project we had to wright a letter of praise to anyone in any business of our choice. I chose Kyle from Tenacious D and my friend chose to write to Hideo Kojima about how his games were so great and how he really likd ZOE even though most people just got it for the MGS2 demo. I think that's what did it because he actually wrote back by hand saying how he really apreciated everything he had said.

Then my friend notices theres a bag with the letter and in it is a mgs2 t-shirt signed in gold pen by Kojima, a can that is an exact replica of the rations box with chocolate inside, 3 ZOE postcards also signed by Kojima and there was I a metal gear solid 2 action figure of snake that wasn't released anywhere but japan.

Heh i'm gonna write to him next.

Ok Ill see what I can do to set it all up, I want alot of notice on this one, cause I will inform PSX communities too and so, want a large chat here. =)

Back