WHOOHOO!

B

BigDAlcala

I just bought myself a Sega Master System for $7.86!!! YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....=0&rd=1

Sorry, I'm just too happy. It's almost as great as my dad getting his Lew Alcindor Rookie Card (That's Kareem Abdul Jabbar, by the way) for $5.00.

grats, i still play my master system, i just recently got my hands on shinobi
cool.gif
do u have any games for it?

I don't yet have any games for it. I'm still enjoying the fact that I won that auction at such a low price
smile.gif
. Thx for the grats. I've never had one myself, and can't wait 'till I get it in the mail. I need to get games for it though. Wulf recommended Alex Kidd, The Ninja, and another game I forgot. Do you have any suggestions for games that I should look out for?

Wonder Boy, Space Harrier, Kung-Fu Kid, Black Belt, Fantasy Zone 1 or 2, Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder Boy III - The Dragon's Trap, Out Run, R-Type, Chase HQ, any of the Sonic games, New Zealand Story, Micro Machines, Shinobi, Hang-On and Astro Warrior are all worth a look!

Alex Kidd in shinobi world is rather cool, plus shinobi, alex kidd in high tech world, alex kidd and teh lost stars, after burner all good games for that system, plus gtet your hands on phantasy star, best rpg ever.

I just did a search for Phantasy Star on the Master system on eBay and there were only two, and they are quite pricy.

shinbi is a fav. i also just got kenseiden, that game is sweet. its a game set in fuedal japan, a fast action sidescroller. best thing about it, its non linear and u can learn new techniques, but its quite difficult. took me nearly 2 hours to beat(thats very long for a master system game). my hero is a great sidescroller beat em up too. i suggest just downloading the emulator and getting the roms to games u wanna check out, thats how i go about buying genesis games. but my fav master system game by far is r-type. i still never beat it but im still trying. astro warrior is a vert scroller, smoothest grafix on the ms, excellent framerate, overall tight, fast paced shooter. wonderboy is a must have, and i never played alex kid
sad.gif
space harrier "was" fun, the updated genesis version is better cuz of the grafix, but its still a good game. check out cyborg hunter too. oh yah i got zillion 2, challenging and completely NO DEPTH to it heh :
wink.gif
:

dude i almost forgot about this one game, cant remember the name its so BADASS!!! im a huge shmup fan and this game owned the ms(2nd only to r-type). u were a monkey boy on a cloud and its SO FUN!!!

Awesome! See! This is what I'm talkin' about! I asked for help, and what did I get?: HELP! And lots of it! Now I have all these games in mind thanks to all y'alls! Thanks a bunch!

Originally posted by klakalou@July 18 2002, 12:49 am

dude i almost forgot about this one game, cant remember the name its so BADASS!!! im a huge shmup fan and this game owned the ms(2nd only to r-type). u were a monkey boy on a cloud and its SO FUN!!!

You probably mean Cloud Master. its a pretty good game.

Phantasy Star is quite pricey becasue its a sought after master system game. its well worth the price though, when it was first released I paid over $100 canadian for it.

When was it first released, by the way? I'm just wondering if I was even born yet. I know I wasn't old enough to possess my own money yet....
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Ratamahatta+July 19 2002, 12:11 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ratamahatta @ July 19 2002, 12:11 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-klakalou@July 18 2002, 12:49 am

Phantasy Star is quite pricey becasue its a sought after master system game. its well worth the price though, when it was first released I paid over $100 canadian for it.[/b][/quote]

yes thats it. question about ps. i saw ps3 at gamestop for 15.99. i never played it so i was cautious, but is that a good price?

Originally posted by BigDAlcala@July 19 2002, 8:21 am

When was it first released, by the way? I'm just wondering if I was even born yet. I know I wasn't old enough to possess my own money yet....
biggrin.gif

The Master System first came out in Japan in 1985 (17 years ago!!!
ohmy.gif
Amazing how time flies.) It was released in the US the following year and in Europe the year after that.

Mike

Originally posted by klakalou+July 18 2002, 1:52 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(klakalou @ July 18 2002, 1:52 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Ratamahatta@July 19 2002, 12:11 am

<!--QuoteBegin-klakalou
@July 18 2002, 12:49 am

Phantasy Star is quite pricey becasue its a sought after master system game. its well worth the price though, when it was first released I paid over $100 canadian for it.

yes thats it. question about ps. i saw ps3 at gamestop for 15.99. i never played it so i was cautious, but is that a good price?[/b][/quote]

PS3 is quite a good game, it didnt get rather good reviews as it strayed from the series of events in the series. But overall was a decent game, and 15.99 is an amazing price for the game, I would buy it If I were you.

Back