Why?

I am not speaking for anyone, i speak for myself and my views. The older members dont want the ftp section back because they already have all the games that hte ftp's had to offer, hance they dont want to share, its like a horde.

Ultimately its up to Iceman, after all it is his site. The original members abandoned the site due to it, but we are gaining members to replace them.

Ah, so it is some form of mutiny then.

Well, whatever - just sort out the issues before things get too bad...again.

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@Nov. 17 2002, 10:57 pm

I am not speaking for anyone, i speak for myself and my views. The older members dont want the ftp section back because they already have all the games that hte ftp's had to offer, hance they dont want to share, its like a horde.

Ultimately its up to Iceman, after all it is his site. The original members abandoned the site due to it, but we are gaining members to replace them.

you might also want to note that most of the ones who left may have had a complete collection, but also that most of that collection is comprised of originals, not cdr copies

I know this is in old topic, and much has allready been said (and frankly been beaten to death) but I felt the need to (finally) post my thoughts (not that i have a lot to spare). I have been comming to segaxtreme for about three years now (know it shows I'm a new member, but i'm no longer at my old address, or e-mail account) i've never posted much (maybe about 6-10 posts total) and I usually don't have anything to say, but i've allways enjoyed reading the forums. And I will agree with Ratamahatta. I orginally came here when I was looking for saturn games (back when they were on freedrive, and i-drive etc.....long time ago) and yes i did download games, but thats not why I stayed. I stayed because I found this site informative, and found it entertaining (especially the fourms) If it wasn't for this site, I don't think I would be as big as a SEGA fan as I am. I have worked in a few videogame stores over the years, and have to defend my allegence to sega time and time again to sony fanboys, and a few die hard nintendo fans, but when they were playing watered down, low frame rate SFA III, I was playing a damn near arcade version on my saturn. And even to this day, I still cant find a game on sony (ps1 or ps2) that I enjoy like I do Dragon Force, Sakura Wars, PDS, Gaurdian Heroes, Radient Silvergun, shall I go on (all of which I own real copies, not cd-r) but in finding this place, I found alot more games I never knew existed (mostly import), But mor importantly I found out that I wasn't the only one that felt that way.

Now I know that ALOT of the people that come here (when there's games to be downloaded) come here for the FREE GAMEZ, but I also know some people download the games because they REALLY want to play some of the best games ever made, and can't afford to shell out $100 per game (I know I can't anymore, Single father, 4yr old son, rent, food, car payment, etc....list goes on and on, but this isn't a vent on my personal life) and it is nice to be able to still enjoy these timeless treasures (IMHO). Same things happed to the Turbo Duo/PC Engine scene (allthough I believe in quality controll, I think RIGG has taken things too far with the "These are OUR RELEASES" like they personally own they copy rights)but they have down a good job of bringing turbo duo/pc engine games to people who were either too young, or (thanks to TTI) never herd of the turbo duo because of poor marketing. That's what I see when I look at these sites, not FREE GAMEZ, or WAREZ, ISO'Z, but a way of preserving memories, and a better time for games (there again, IMO) And while it is sad to see Skank, and Rev, and some of the others leave, I would feel a loss to the sega community (not the warez) if this site was to be brought down over people fighting weather there is to be a FTP fourm or not. I understand that it will bring alot of unwanted attraction to this site by ISO'Z beggars, but so does DCemulation from people looking for DC ISO'Z, but you get past it (or atleast I did). I don't feel like better than "those" people because I still download the occasional Saturn game, or the occasional pc engine game (IE.. Can anybody tell me where i can find a legit copy of taramaru for saturn other than ebay where the prices are rediculous) But most people findout that it is easier to get them on mIRC, or the newsgroups than trying to find and open FTP.

Anyway that's my $.02 (not that it is worth that much), but there you go

P.S. As to why I don't post much, I hate to be considered a NOOB when I have been comming to this site for so long

Back