Winamp plays backwards

Originally posted by racketboy@Oct 6, 2003 @ 09:54 PM

then why don't you try another way?

I'm a former Kazaa user, but I'm using the combination of Direct Connect and BitTorrent for all my filesharing needs. Plus they're both open source

The only problem is if people who use kazza also use the "alternative ways" Cause then these corrupted files would be shared via those other file sharing utilities.

I'm a former Kazaa user, but I'm using the combination of Direct Connect and BitTorrent for all my filesharing needs. Plus they're both open source

Direct Connect is not really open source; the only reason open-source clients exist is that the protocol is relatively simple and was reverse-engineered. The canonical implementation remains proprietary, and since it's commercial (adware) the supplier theoretically has an incentive to deliberately break compatibility with the open clients...

Originally posted by ExCyber@Oct 7, 2003 @ 05:34 AM

Direct Connect is not really open source; the only reason open-source clients exist is that the protocol is relatively simple and was reverse-engineered. The canonical implementation remains proprietary, and since it's commercial (adware) the supplier theoretically has an incentive to deliberately break compatibility with the open clients...

you know what I mean :)

I use DC++ which is open source

and BT++ is my BitTorrent client of choice

Either you didn't configure your connection settings properly or need to use DC in passive mode, or your uploads slow your downloads down (whoa--tongue twister) in which case, "enable small send buffer" :)

Back