Windows Expert Mode

There is no Expert mode for 98... if there IS then us REAL pc techs missed something.... something noone told us about. I mean you think wed know that one outta a book.. Im from Dos something.. back in tandy days. Win 3.11, 95, 98, me, 2k, xp (Never did like NT4 but I know it)

Linux is ok...

I study for hours on them so I know how to tweak it up.

Also as for safe mode.. I wonder if they did a backup or reinstallled 98... I mean boot into expert mode.. sounds like a reinstall from cd... but anyways.

WAIT A SEC! I forgot something!

They booted into the bios! I bet you! ALOT of new bios or so use a "windows" interface now.. I bet you that expert mode is a bios boot! I mean you can do ALOT there! and IF somethign was wrong. Then yea a setting in bios mightve been cause!

"press F1/F2/F10/Delete to enter CMOS Setup"?

sounds logical. only Experts should go in there.

Not really named Expert Mode, but the Idea is there.

There is no sound, except some basic beeps from the computer's built in speakers

Mtx, restart your computer, and press all the keys on your keyboard, one by one. look like it?

Originally posted by Gear@July 01 2002,03:12

Man, nobody is that lame.

Ugh, I'd have to agree.

There's Phoenix, Award and AMI Bios. Award is the blue (or changeable colors, I usually leave them black and white), Phoenix depending on which revision can look like Award's (my dell's Bios is rev A5, so it's OLD), and AMI can be driven by mouse interface, or not - depends.

So, in a word - no.

How is that possible? Well, my sister's computer (which I built) is an Atrend LM6 which uses an Award BIOS, and my girlfriend's mother's is an Epox Super7 (AMDk5-PR133) which also uses the award bios.

Back