Winme r0x me

9:14AM on 4/20/02

My windows uptime is currently:

1wk 2days 11hrs 28mins 45secs

Eat me.

And it's not fake.

You'd have to be on irc to see me scroll it.

And it's running just fine... not slow at all.

So... what kind of stuff has this box had to handle? Compiling programs? Blender? SETI@Home? distributed.net? Nuclear physics simulations?

Did you lose your virginity to it too?
sarcasm.gif

Originally posted by Cynnamin@April 20 2002,09:17

9:14AM on 4/20/02

My windows uptime is currently:

1wk 2days 11hrs 28mins 45secs

Eat me.

And it's not fake.

You'd have to be on irc to see me scroll it.

And it's running just fine... not slow at all.

My friend ran WinME as his slave computer (software router, CD burning, data backup, dedicated game server) and had it up for almost 2 months before a power outage killed it.

It's the machine I use all the time.

I run winamp, icq, yahoo messenger, aim, 2 irc clients, livejournal all the time.

I browse with it, play daoc & other games.

Use an ftp client, etc etc.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, I also use it for file management (ie raring and unraring, etc etc)

I used to run my ftp server on it as well but I moved that over to my secondary machine.

I stopped using SETI on it because I didn't see a point in it.

I use windows ME it's ok crashes when i do a lot of insane things with it(not going to say what). I think it's good.

WinMe is stable but it is in my opinion one of the fastest self corrupting windoze to be released yet. i mean on avg it lasts between 3-6 months. and i have a friend it konked out after a few weeks and he just plays games.

I used to have WINME, but now I have XP. And XP seems more stable than WINME. I used to always crash when I tried to play Tribes 2.

Originally posted by gamefoo21@April 20 2002,16:25

WinMe is stable but it is in my opinion one of the fastest self corrupting windoze to be released yet. i mean on avg it lasts between 3-6 months.

You haven't seen my computer run 98, have you?

I had Win98SE + all updates for it running on my PC (AMD K6-2 350, 128MB) it worked nice but now I´m really happy with Windows 2000 pro. Too bad I can´t run my PC at night coz I can´t sleep when all 3 HDD´s are running.

Win2K pro runs well without crashing. Every day 16 hours

I use it as FTP server, as Proxy for my Dad's and sisters PC.

Playing music with winamp.

Surfing around, ICQ, Compressing, Decompressing.

Not gaming. I use my Saturn, Mega CD, Master System and C64.

Originally posted by gamefoo21@April 21 2002,00:30

whats yur comp do to my fav win9x but it has to be se non of that 4.10.1998 version bulshit.

Yeah, see, it is the 4.10.1998 version.

About two weeks ago, it self corrupted after being freshly reinstalled 1 month previous. I reformat and reinstall. Then, a week later, it self corrupted again.
angry.gif

Originally posted by FLEABttn+April 21 2002,18:14--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FLEABttn @ April 21 2002,18:14)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-gamefoo21@April 21 2002,00:30

whats yur comp do to my fav win9x but it has to be se non of that 4.10.1998 version bulshit.

Yeah, see, it is the 4.10.1998 version.

About two weeks ago, it self corrupted after being freshly reinstalled 1 month previous. I reformat and reinstall. Then, a week later, it self corrupted again.
angry.gif
[/b][/quote]

same problem with 98 se here (life before reinstalling was around the same as cynni's uptime!)

gave up with the crap and installed win 2k instead, no problems now, have had win2k on my nat/ftp/fserv pc since last janurary still works (kindof anyway, theres a few windows that dont display properly due to a virus corrupting the picutre files used as the background for them, with repairing didnt fix, but thats not really the fault of the os)

Back