Worst game ever

From my limited collection it has to be stormlord (jap cart i used to own) Italia 98 and the unholy menace that is altered beast...

Originally posted by Presley Fire@May 29, 2003 @ 04:10 AM

I'd have to say the worst game I've played, ever, is Time Commando. It looks like crap. plays like crap, sounds like crap. Words don't do it justice:

*snip*

Yeah, that's the better looking PC version. Imagine that, with the worst textures ever, running at 7 fps

Well, I can't really speak for any console conversions, however I really digged Time Commando on the PC. It's still sitting in the shelf right beside me.

Burning Rangers!!!!!! , its not a crap.

why say that?

its a great game with great graphics and great effects.

I could say Captain America (Genesis), Xenon 2 (SMS) but I lost many hours on those games. In fact I bought these games and played them a lot I think because of that (50-60€ each). Maybe I was young and made bad choice. I remember I bought Captain America because I played the original arcade game and for Xenon it was for the graphics.

Burning Rangers had ridiculous camera angles, was short, and it's kind of blurry. That being said, it's still a great, fun game. Graphically it's awesome for the saturn. If Burning Rangers was made in the same vein of Tenchu: Stealth Assassin (camera angles mainly), it could've been so much better.

Worst games... let's see.

Rex Blade for the PC. That game gives the word horrendous a whole new meaning. On top of possibly the worst graphics imaginable, it had pretty hefty processing requirements (P133 - 32MB of RAM). This game was made well after Doom I and Doom II, as well. It had some dumb programming language that made no freaking sense, but hey, at least someone was trying (I think).

Revolution X (various) is one of the most painful games I've ever played - I feel as though I should sue for those two minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Nearly every batman game (minus Batman Returns for the Sega CD) can be listed. Batman: Vengeance is quantum leaps above most games of this almost ruined franchise, even though it's pretty mediocre. There's also a Batman game made by Ocean in the late 80's that is actually pretty good, but you can be the judge of that.

Finally, Astal. I have no idea why this game is so highly regarded - I'll drop it if someone can give me a good reason.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jun 13, 2003 @ 04:29 AM

Nearly every batman game (minus Batman Returns for the Sega CD) can be listed. Batman: Vengeance is quantum leaps above most games of this almost ruined franchise, even though it's pretty mediocre. There's also a Batman game made by Ocean in the late 80's that is actually pretty good, but you can be the judge of that.

I was about to blast you about that very game.. until you mentioned it, and so i'm gonna agree with you. Batman for nintendo was very good, i remember renting it so many times. And if i recall, it's immediate sequels were good too.

WORSE SEGA GAMES:

For genesis: Zoom

SEGACD: Cyborg 009, Funky Horror Band

For Saturn: 50% of saturn games suck badly...its hard to choose the worst game amidst all that crap.

BTW Kid Chameleon and pit fighter kick ass...some of you guys have bad taste!

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jun 13, 2003 @ 01:29 AM

Nearly every batman game (minus Batman Returns for the Sega CD) can be listed. Batman: Vengeance is quantum leaps above most games of this almost ruined franchise, even though it's pretty mediocre.

If you think Batman: Vengeance is 'quantum leaps above' other Batman games, holy fuck, the old ones must be REALLY bad... because Vengeance redefined 'terrible' for me.

Back