would anyone do me a favor

if you live near a FAO schwarz store, or going to be near one, would you go in and see if the item "Pets to Go - Winston the Weimeriner"

is a dog that comes in a bag (the package is a bag with the dog sticking out of it some)? If you would do this and just tell me if it is i would greatly appreciate it thank you

i think the subject line of this thread keeps people from reading it. It is a simple request, but how many of us would shy away from such a title.

Example, "Is the enclosed auto-opening file that erased my hard drive a virus?"

Too bad we can't edit subject lines. Anyway, I live near an FOA... I will try to check it out tomorrow.

Originally posted by jeff-20@Jun 13, 2003 @ 11:27 AM

i think the subject line of this thread keeps people from reading it. It is a simple request, but how many of us would shy away from such a title.

I can't speak for other people, but a subject like this one doesn't put me off.

joe81, I'd look for you if I could, but we don't have them here in Oz (and even if we did, it probably won't help you
rolleyes.gif
).

Originally posted by mal@Jun 13, 2003 @ 01:38 AM

I can't speak for other people, but a subject like this one doesn't put me off.

I was just joking. I love it when people start requests with "Can I borrow something..."

Its just funny to me because I never get adequete responses in those situations, but I didn't mean to under estimate the helpfulness of this particular group.

And there's a big FAO here in Chicago.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jun 12, 2003 @ 05:42 AM

I thought the only FAO was in NYC.

There are... err, were 2,000+ FAO stores in the USA. Unfortunately, because of the astronomical prices, they've closed almost all but the big ones. Stores in all the big cities (Chicago, NYC, etc) are guaranteed to stay open, as well as the very small one in the KOP mall (FAO is based in King of Prussia, PA).

Which is a shame, really. Even though the Toys R Us (in Times Square of all places) has a freakin' Ferris Wheel, FAO is still the better store.

I really should post pictures of the superhero scooter guy. THAT was a riot.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jun 12, 2003 @ 09:42 PM

I thought the only FAO was in NYC. Oh well, what is this dog thing I mean why does it interest you?

i want to buy it for someone but the online site doesn't show the packaging. I was with this someone at one of the stores and just caught her looking at it and then making cute comments about it to her brother's girlfriend. I didnt have enough money on me to buy it then and i live nowhere near a store so i want to know if it's the right product befor i buy it online.

Originally posted by MTXBlau+Jun 13, 2003 @ 07:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTXBlau @ Jun 13, 2003 @ 07:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gallstaff@Jun 12, 2003 @ 05:42 AM

I thought the only FAO was in NYC.

There are... err, were 2,000+ FAO stores in the USA. Unfortunately, because of the astronomical prices, they've closed almost all but the big ones. Stores in all the big cities (Chicago, NYC, etc) are guaranteed to stay open, as well as the very small one in the KOP mall (FAO is based in King of Prussia, PA).

Which is a shame, really. Even though the Toys R Us (in Times Square of all places) has a freakin' Ferris Wheel, FAO is still the better store.

I really should post pictures of the superhero scooter guy. THAT was a riot. [/b][/quote]

Heh when I went to that Toys R us it seemed to be a bit more concerened with their products then FAO did. I dunno, FAO just seems sorta like a novelty more than a true toy store.

And I did ride that ferris wheel just for the fun of it... my girlfriend made me
blush.gif

Back