Would like to update the Riping "how-to"

just trying to put an end to all the shitty saturn rips out there

1. Put the CD in the drive and run CDRWIN. Select Extract Disk/Track/Sectors,

the top middle button on the toolbar

2. Choose Disk Image / Cuesheet as the Extract Mode.... Name the file '<game_name>.bin'

and make sure RAW mode is turned OFF in the Reading Options (important).

3. set the read speeds to 1X, Click Start and CDRWIN will make your BIN and CUE

4. Run BINChunker and select Load Cue from the File menu. Browse to and Open the CUE file.

5. From the Options menu make sure that the Data Tracks are set to Mode 1 - 2048 bytes

per sector.

6. Select the first track (data) and Convert from the Action menu, which will create an

ISO file and save it to the same folder as the BIN.

7. open D-Tools and mount the bin

8. Open EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and extract the Audio tracks (you can use EAC with the cd

but its a lot faster if you use the bin file)

9. Open up Razorlame, load all your waves and press the encode button (set it to delete each

wav after its done with it)

10. delete the BIN + CUE

11. Rename files

Data track - Track 01.iso

Audio tracks - Track 02.mp3, Track 03.mp3 etc...

12. Run WinRAR, browse to and highlight the file(s) you want to compress and click the

Add button.

13. Choose a standard name for your archives (eg.. Street_Fighter_(U)) and set the

Compression method to Best.

14. Click OK and it will create the archives

15. Done!

I can make a apps set (the free ones) and have them set up for this (eg razor lame set up and ready to go). Also I can make a how to about how to use eac (sum peeps might find it confuzzing). id make it way more in depth but id like to hear some feed back before i do.
love.gif
biggrin.gif

lol tru

but if done properly they can be almost as good as bin/cue

all im saying is if your gonna do mp3 do it right
smile.gif

mater of opinion

the diff between cdda and a properly encoded mp3 is barly noticable and sum peeps (like me) like the file size **hopes the dosnt turn into one of those gay debates about mp3**

if i wanted to i could download 100+ bin/cue rips but id rather do it with mp3 so my isp dosnt send me hate mail lol

wouldn't the file have to first be ogg before being downloaded? You can't covert them on the fly downloading from an ftp can you. *neverous shaking*

ogg is better quality than mp3. just as is a wav.. but ogg is better than both of these. You wouldn't be able to download an mp3 and call it an ogg. You would have to convert them.

first i dont think ogg is better then wave sice a wav is basicly whats on a cd and you are compressing that

and second youd be downloading the ogg files not mp3s if it was a ogg rip

you would only need to convert before you burn

07-EMINEM-SOLDIER.wav

07-EMINEM-SOLDIER.ogg

07-EMINEM-SOLDIER.mp3

all differnt

Why not just choose "Select Tracks" instead of "Disc Image/Cuesheet", click on the yellow circle, and uncheck the RAW reading option to extract the data track directly to a MODE1/2048 *.iso file (name it *.iso instead of *.bin)? This eliminates the need to BINChunk and requires less hard drive space since a full BIN+CUE is not required.

Now that you have the data track done, using "Select Tracks" again, click on those red circles to select the audio tracks and extract each to WAV. With the WAV's done, you can encode them to whatever audio format you like (e.g., RazorLame MP3).

Thanks MasterAkumaMatata,

you're the first poster in this thread showing some actual brains :-D I too thought that ripping a CD to iso/wav files should be much, MUCH more straightforward. Heck, I can even do that with ISOBuster.

The one big advantage that CDRWin has over most anything else, though, is that when it extracts the first track of any given Saturn game to an .iso file, it takes ONLY the actual data. Almost any other program will read the 2-second gap between Tracks 1 and 2 as well, and append it as useless data to the iso. Then it gets burned back to a CD...with a *new* 2-second gap before the audio...and whammo, you have audio-sync problems. But CDRWin prevents that from happening which is beautiful.
smile.gif

sum good ideas
smile.gif

im really new to the saturn and mp3 ripped games

was just tryin to help since the majority of the games in the ftp section are really bad iso/mp3 rips.

i realize that binchunker ads 2 second gaps to the audio thats why i use eac

peace

It's not hard really. but if you want to go out of your way... i bet those mac users would apreciate something more geared toward them since cdrWIN doesn't work in the mac os.

Is there any way to rip Mac-compatible images with a PC? And if so, how? We shouldn't exclude the Mac-attacks.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@July 20 2002, 1:21 am

Why not just choose "Select Tracks" instead of "Disc Image/Cuesheet", click on the yellow circle, and uncheck the RAW reading option to extract the data track directly to a MODE1/2048 *.iso file (name it *.iso instead of *.bin)? This eliminates the need to BINChunk and requires less hard drive space since a full BIN+CUE is not required.

Now that you have the data track done, using "Select Tracks" again, click on those red circles to select the audio tracks and extract each to WAV. With the WAV's done, you can encode them to whatever audio format you like (e.g., RazorLame MP3).

I have problems doing this, because cdrwin doesn't allow me to extract any single track with any reader (I tried my cdrom, dvdrom and cdrw), it gives me a read error when finishing.

Maybe more people would have this compatibility(?) problem, so another method should be included in the faq.

Another thing is to include in the faq the methods to use for the most known compression formats for the EAC extracted wav file (mp3, ogg, whatever), to let the "ripper" choose his best option.

tryed using cdrwin for getting the audio and it works
smile.gif

but id still rather use EAC since its the BEST audio extractor and will TELL you if there where any errors

i hate bin's!!!!
angry.gif
fucking fireburner won't fucking run on my computer, so i have to pull a good ol dose of winiso on that bins sorry ass.

Back