WTB: 3D0 system

I'm looking for a working 3D0 system.

I will buy one for $25 + shipping, or will trade either my working Playstation or working Saturn for one.

Also, I'm looking for one game in particular for it: Strahl.

First of all it's a 3DO.

Secondly they're with a lot more than 25 dollars. At least 40 in my book.

If you're wanting one, make sure you get a an fz-1 (i think that's what it was) it was a model 1

Ahh language... such a tricky thing. Millions of words meaning billions of things. Words spelled the same but meaning different things, words sounding the same but with subtle differences in spelling.

Luckily, language is nothing more than a way to convey an intended meaning. So one could go so far as to say words are useless as long as meaning is obvious.

Luckily you, and I'm willing to bet 100% of the other people reading this thread, understood exactly what my meaning was. Hooray for language!

But thanks for the tip anyway. I'll try to refrain from making the same mistake again.

As for the price, I'd didn't ask how much they are worth. I merely stated how much I'd be willing to pay for one, not to mention my trades.

Lastly, can you elaborate on why I should choose that model as opposed to any other model?

Basically, I like them because they're less likely to break on you. I have a Goldstar 3DO and it still works fine, not selling though.

The fz-1 was the first model and was very, VERY sturdy. Consider it like this:

If you took a 1946 ford and a 1999 carola and they hit head on both going 60 mph, the ford would tear through the carola like a hot knife through butter.

The fz-1 was just made better it can take more abuse. Also, the front-loading tray is cool and you can use burnt media on it no problem.

With the other consoles one will let you and one wont, but the fz-1 is good cause it doesnt care what kind of cd's you throw at it.

i got my FZ-1 for $20 bucks from a guy at work who was trying to get rid of it. Oh, and it came with one controller and 8 games. :p

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Nov 3, 2003 @ 01:59 AM

The fz-1 was the first model and was very, VERY sturdy. Consider it like this:

If you took a 1946 ford and a 1999 carola and they hit head on both going 60 mph, the ford would tear through the carola like a hot knife through butter.

The fz-1 was just made better it can take more abuse. Also, the front-loading tray is cool and you can use burnt media on it no problem.

With the other consoles one will let you and one wont, but the fz-1 is good cause it doesnt care what kind of cd's you throw at it.

Yeah, thats why my FZ-1 died within a year ;)

My first 3DO was FZ-1, I bought it in summer 2001 for 30$ w/ 1 controller and it worked well for about half year. It still works, but something is not good with laser, as it only plays FMV on originals. And skips really ugly on all CD-Rs, no matter brand and price.

My second 3DO is FZ-10. I got it from eBay for about 35$ with ~20 games (backups) somewhere in early 2002. Still works great with all CD-Rs, even nonames.

I like FZ-1 form factor more, cuz you can put it under TV, which I like a lot.

With FZ-10 I have to put it on one of my speakers, and it's not a very good for console :)

But for me, FZ-10 is more reliable

Back