WTB: Radiant Silvergun

Hey Guys,

I'm asking this on a whim. I'm pretty darn sure what the outcome of this post is, but I recently read an article in Scientific American about parallel universes and how the universe is infinitely large, so I guess anything is possible....

So

Does anyone have a copy of Radiant Silvergun they want to sell? Hell, I'd just take the disc in a sleeve. I'm not a big fan "burned" copies (1. I don't want to mess up my Saturn with a mod chip or swap and 2. I like the fidelity of an original). I know how much this game goes for and how much of a collector's item it is, but I feel like asking anyway. Never hurts..

Thanks for you time!

Well, get it on eBay if you want it this bad? Really, I doubt there is someone in this forum that will sell it to you for $50 bucks. I mean, I would like to have it too, but at a price.

how would you go about messing up your saturn with a modboard?

Mine is running like a dream, and so are the 3 others I modded for friends.

I have seen Radiant go on eBay for no more than about $100. With a bit of luck and patience it's possible to score a reasonable (i.e. non-exorbitant) deal on it... More recently, a copy was on auction with an opening bid of $49 (I don't know how much it sold at, though).

I suggest you fly to Japan (preferably Akihabara in Tokyo) and buy every copy you can find and sell 'em for cheap to us :cheers

AntiPasta is right.

In Japan, they sell for new price, like $50 (however many Yen that is).

NeoGeos are pretty cheap as well, or so Ive heard.

Hey, does anyone have a japanese connection? I've ebayers who have connections in japan that sell stuff.....

BTW - Thanks for not flaming me.

a friend of mine went to Japan last summer, i specifically told him to find copies of Radiant Silvergun...he knows how rare they are here anyway. He came back with 0 copies. He said he saw ONE the whole time he was there, and he hit up atleast a dozen or so gaming stores. the reason he didn't buy the one was because they were asking $150.

He's going back this summer, so he's gonna try again.

Originally posted by soup or man@Apr 17, 2003 @ 08:15 PM

a friend of mine went to Japan last summer, i specifically told him to find copies of Radiant Silvergun...he knows how rare they are here anyway. He came back with 0 copies. He said he saw ONE the whole time he was there, and he hit up atleast a dozen or so gaming stores. the reason he didn't buy the one was because they were asking $150.

He's going back this summer, so he's gonna try again.

bummer

it would be pretty interesting to shop around Japan

but it's not quite worth the trip just for VG shopping
smile.gif

Finding it in Japan will be as difficult if not more so. They are all hip to what they can get for it on Ebay AND 99% of the japanese are hardcore collectors, so they would have no problem finding a good buyer there...

Here's my tip. Try searching for the occassional misspelling on ebay. "Radaint Silvergun", "Radiant Silver Gun", etc. Most of the best scores I have made on Ebay were because the seller didn't spell it right and I was the only bidder. Tho' I hate to give up this secret...
wink.gif

Originally posted by jeff-20@Apr 17, 2003 @ 11:05 PM

Finding it in Japan will be as difficult if not more so. They are all hip to what they can get for it on Ebay AND 99% of the japanese are hardcore collectors, so they would have no problem finding a good buyer there...

Here's my tip. Try searching for the occassional misspelling on ebay. "Radaint Silvergun", "Radiant Silver Gun", etc. Most of the best scores I have made on Ebay were because the seller didn't spell it right and I was the only bidder. Tho' I hate to give up this secret...
wink.gif

radient is another spelling

a lot of hardcore ebayers know that trick

I've found stuff that way, but still didn't end up winning 'cause a couple other people saw it.

it only takes one other bidder to drive the price up

I bought my copy of Radiant Silvergun for $12!

Some little old lady thought it was her grandson's Rock and Roll CD and put it up on ebay with a buy-it-now option.

"Heavy Metal Rock CD -- Radiant by Silvergun" (she thought Radiant was the name of the album and Silvergun was the band).

So I got mine dirt cheap for only TWELVE bucks! Ok, none of that really happened, but it sure would have been cool. You have to admit stories like that get you all stoked. I'm going to hit ebay and search for "Tnaidar NugrevliS" (just in case there's a dyslexic seller out there).

Originally posted by Supergrom@Apr 18, 2003 @ 04:45 AM

ah, so this is where all the hard-core ebayers hang out
devil.gif

I've been doing auctions for like 4 years now so I know most of the tricks

No sh*t.
smile.gif

You know, what all these greedy sellers forget is that eBay is a place to BID on merchandise... not pay x times retail for it. The idea is to set a SMALL opening bid and sell the auction to people (not the item - I mean the auction) such that they're compelled to bid and bid until the final price reaches or exceeds what the seller hopes to make from his auction... Of course sellers have a perfect right to ensure they get a certain minimum amount (that's what reserve auctions are for), but to set the OPENING bid at such a mad price just defeats the whole purpose of eBay.

Them asses ought to -- no, not even go to half.com, but open a new website called TWICE.COM !!!!!
laugh.gif

You've got to remember that that's Australian dollars and it's described as being in mint condition.

The opening bid comes to about US$150, and considering the condition and the tiny Australian market that's probably not unexpected. If no-one bids on it, I may just pop $249 on it at the last minute.
smile.gif

Back