X-Box pricing

Originally posted by googlefest1@Aug. 30 2002, 5:46 pm

i understand all that but they will have to re-think the board design no mater what new chip they get -- unless its somekind of miracle chip or clone

i thought of SiS because i recently saw their new graphics chip thats suposed to compete with the geforce 2 and i saw the cards priced half as much as the ones with a nvidia chip

-- i saw a promising comparison with it and at the time i was looking for parts to build a pc for my sis and i picked that card up to save some cash and its F-ing awsome for the 25$ price tag -- so far performs just as well as my leadtek geforce 2 ti which cost 3 times as much

geforce2 are cheaper than dirt now

matter of fact, i have one im considering selling for 20$
wink.gif

Originally posted by Cynnamin@Aug. 29 2002, 11:46 pm

wink.gif

But isn't the current chip a rudimentary GeForce3?

Originally posted by MTXBlau+Aug. 29 2002, 9:50 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTXBlau @ Aug. 29 2002, 9:50 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cynnamin@Aug. 29 2002, 11:46 pm

wink.gif

But isn't the current chip a rudimentary GeForce3?[/b][/quote]

I assume you're talking about what sits inside the xbox right? If so, you would be wrong. the NV2A (The Xbox GPU) has a second vertex shader like the GeForce4. I think the only differnece between the NV2A and Geforce4 is its clock speed. On second thought, I'm sure there are other differences but that was the only one that comes to mind right now.

NV25 is not the first nVidia GPU to have a second vertex processing engine. That title goes to the NV2A, the GPU that powers Microsoft's Xbox console. NV25 takes everything found in the NV2A, and also delivers additional optimizations and improvements in different key performance areas, memory bandwidth usage as well as cache size adjustments and tuning in particular. So in addition to the new hardware DVD decode the second vertex processor, and multi-display support, GF4 also has NV2A's particle engine, enabling additional particle effects (sparks, snow, rain, dirt, etc.).

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,36873,00.asp

The architecture of the NV2A is situated between the NV20 (GeForce 3) and the NV25 (GeForce 4).

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/02q1/...04/xbox-04.html

Thank You Beyond3d forums.
smile.gif
It seems to have more in common with the Geforce4 than its predecessor. BTW, Buffy rocks!

Back