XBL Gamertag

Well, Im going to start the free 2 month XBL trial and cant decide on a screen name.

I was wondering if you guys could help.

ill follow this leet speak thing that they all have (you have to fit in when you get on XBL)

F4i73D_4B0r7i0N

yeah that fits just nicely.

'Link' is probably taken, so why not go with 'Linkoln'?

I got a 3-month code and a headset for $25 last week, and was pondering a gamer tag as well. I think I'm going to go with 'elektrodud' because it has my name in it and electrodes kick ass. For welding my favorite electrode is the 7018 because the weld pool freezes faster and it's easier to weld out of the flat position.

That is why I love my tag... NO ONE ever has it. If I go to a website or service and try using it and it says its taken, I know it is most likely taken by me already and a cycal through all my possible PW that I would of used for it.

Never have I seen lordofduct anywhere. YEY! (and don't any of you pricks start using it just to piss me off)

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sun, 2005-03-27 @ 09:57 PM

That is why I love my tag... NO ONE ever has it. If I go to a website or service and try using it and it says its taken, I know it is most likely taken by me already and a cycal through all my possible PW that I would of used for it.

Never have I seen lordofduct anywhere. YEY! (and don't any of you pricks start using it just to piss me off)

[post=132212]Quoted post[/post]​

Believe it or not, I've had to sign up as mountaindud0 or m0untaindud at various places, because my name was already taken. Now I can see 'Dud' being someone's initials, but WHO else could POSSIBLY go by mountaindud!? It's one of the most random, stupid, and ridiculous sounding names one could possibly come up with for one's self. racketboy did a good job giving it some relevance, but the more I think about it, the more I think that I must have thought of it when I was stupid off a sugar buzz as a little kid. :looney

I mean come on, mountain------dud? It's pure silliness, how could anyone else have thought of that name?

I haven't had to change my handle anywhere that I can think of, either. It does have a meaning, but few enough people are aware of it that it's pretty uncommon. Better than my handle back in the BBS days- Red Baron. Hey, don't laugh -- I was 11.

edit - oh yeah, funny story. There was a popular board called EOTD here in the 303 area that I used to call. At one point, I got banned for arguing with the sysop, but I eventually created a new account and logged back on. From that point onward, I was known as 'Red Bharon'.

Dud: you think you must of been in a sugar high or something when you made your weird name. I must of been twisted when I made mine.

See before lordofduct (which is really old for me, I made this back in about january 98'... seeing how I didn't get my first computer and internet access until late 96') I had used 2 other tags everywhere. These were back when I was on aol and everyone and their brother had a punter.

I used psycho420 (how original, ohhh yeah, i figured it would of been used but nope it wasn't at most places I went too) and IamM0ses... yeah with a zero not because IamMoses was taken, just to avoid punters on aol.

Who in their right mind would make the tag IamM0ses? I'm not jewish, religious, nothing. I have no way of relating myself to moses in any way shape or form. But thats what I called myself, damn the acid really must of got to me. Never mix a 13 year old mind and mescalin/LSD, bad things will happen.

There was a popular board called EOTD here in the 303 area that I used to call.

Odd, I don't remember hearing about that one. Then again 303 was fairly huge IIRC, so you could probably easily get 20 people in a room that have never called the same board. Heh.

Ah, didn't know you were from the 303 area. EOTD was one of the bigger boards back in the early 90's. It was 4 lines and ran on (IIRC) MBBS. It had all the cool BBS games and a good message board, but the file section was kind of weak. The sysop's name was Icedragon; actually, he and some others still hang out on #eotd on efnet. The board wasn't a H/P board, but it did draw some of that crowd.

Other boards I used to call include Hacker's Haven, Zeitgeist, Neo Tokyo, and some of the C=/Amiga related boards like the Batcave, Seven Eleven, and the Back Burner. I wish I could remember more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Mostly I called a few general discussion type boards and quite a few smaller H/P boards.

My gamer tag is MTNdud, but when my 3 month subscription ends I'll get a flashier gt. I was suprised how easy it was to sign up and even more suprised that my Amex gift card with 2 dollars on it got me online--hehehe suckers. Anyway I've got these games to play online:

Guilty Gear XX #Reload

Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO

Phantom Dust

TimeSplitters Future Perfect

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Dead or Alive Ultimate

none of which I particularly enjoy playing online...

I'll probably play Conker Live and Reloaded when it comes out--that game is hilarious.

mines:

Gamertag: thewasp31 (yeah i know, really orignal :D )

Games:

Halo 2

Project Gotham Racing 2

Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow

Ghost Recon 2

Midtown Madness 3

Mechassult

Back