XBOX 360 Hacked

Malakai: so basically what you're saying is that Piratero is correct, except that he's wrong about professional licensed developers, who he was obviously not talking about. So he's correct. Did I miss anything?

Actually, what I'm saying is that it may be harder to do it, but it's not impossible. If more people worked together, side by side, instead of all of them trying to become "leet" and getting all of the glory, it would happen faster.

A good example of getting more accomplished was back in the BBS days. I was a sysop of a PCBoard BBS, and several groups released software for it. Very little individuals programmed PPEs (pcboard executibles, even though I did program a few) and more got released, by groups like PWA, DOD, and more. Working together, more was accomplished and faster. So, it's more of a complaint and a reason why than an agreement or disagreement with any one.

Also, I neglected to mention that any modchip coming out soon will likely only run warez due to the additional signature/hypervisor security. If you have solid info to the contrary, please post a link.

I have a theory, but it would be probably be taken out of context. So, I won't say it...

What I will say, with 100% confidence, however, is that it will be hacked eventually. I have been in the BBS, the warez, the linux, and even DVB hacking scene for many years, and there's one thing that I can tell you is that nothing is unhackable, 99.9% of every thing is exploited or hacked. Some of those hacks are a part of inside jobs, while most usually aren't.

All facts are rumors until proven right, and some people get dismissed in creating a panic when they hear things they don't want to hear, whether it's due to losing money, popularity, or fear that people will look down on them if they are wrong, especially in a spot where they are vulnerable (people in high places, people in the know, people close to the source, on the inside, on the outside, wherever).

It can be read or taken however any one wants to take it. I'm not challenging any one or their beliefs of what may or may not come to be, just stating an opinion. No one's integrity is on the line. If you think the xbox 360 won't be hacked, or won't be hacked for legit purposes, that's all fine and dandy, but I think it will. Linux on the xbox is only one aspect I see, and emulation to machines and games I already own is what will drive me to get one when a mod chip is released.

I have thousands of games and not enough room and/or television hookups for all of the systems, and emulation is an almost perfect solution for that. The XBOX 1 comes close to what I need, but the 360 if/when hacked, will be just what *I* personally need for a few years at least.

Every bit of news about being one step closer to having an xbox 360 mod chip will be dismissed by some, yet it will give a glitter of hope to others. I have heard of three exploits for the xbox so far, and have watched the video of one (read more about it in the xbox hacked again thread). Can I say that it's real? I think it is, but can it be proven? Probably not.

Back