Xbox bundle to include Sega games

hmm...Daytona is one of those games I don't think can get any better than the Dreamcast version...as for Sega GT, I love it. It's not nearly as complicated as Gran Turismo 3 A-spec on the PS2...which I tried to pick up once and got hopelessly lost. And I'm a racing nut and play 'em all...

Isn't Sega GT 2002 new and retailing for like $40?

If so, that's not a bad deal. But I still can't justify buying a console that big and green right now.

JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and the Halo and Shenmue series are bascially the only games that are tempting me right now -- not really worth the $$$.

Is it just me or are the Sega games (and Halo) the only big games for the XBox that you can't get on another system?

Originally posted by Taelon@Oct. 02 2002, 9:30 pm

hmm...Daytona is one of those games I don't think can get any better than the Dreamcast version...as for Sega GT, I love it. It's not nearly as complicated as Gran Turismo 3 A-spec on the PS2...which I tried to pick up once and got hopelessly lost. And I'm a racing nut and play 'em all...

I didn't like the DC version ???

Daytona 1 and 2 in the arcade for me
smile.gif

cajan.jpg

Thought this was interesting

also seems that both games will be on one DVD

As a collector, I would rather them be separate with cases, but that's just me.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+Oct. 03 2002, 5:12 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ Oct. 03 2002, 5:12 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Oct. 03 2002, 5:10 pm

http://www.iespana.es/maniatibox/uptohd/cajan.jpg

Thought this was interesting

also seems that both games will be on one DVD

As a collector, I would rather them be separate with cases, but that's just me.

How so? That is a pic of the system box, right? To me it looks like the system comes with two games, each on its own disc and case as shown.
tongue.gif
[/b][/quote]

yeah I know that, but the news posting I read elsewhere said they were going to be on one DVD.

I didn't come up with it -- I'm just posting what I saw and heard.

Either somebody came up with the box scan in photoshop or MS has bad marketing designers (which I pretty much knew already).

the xbox dvds are 8.5 gigs although i hope nothing had to be cut..

sega gt2002 was just realeased, what the hell?

My mistake. I was talking about Sega GT, forgetting the original poster had mentioned Sega GT 2002. As for Daytona, I meant that Daytona 2001 USA was the best *console* version
tongue.gif
Of course nothing beats the arcades
smile.gif
Man, I've yet to see Daytona 2 though. Ohwell.

well they had no comment, so I wouldn't rule it out.

However GT 2002 seems a bit new to be putting in as a "cheap" pack-in

I dont see whut good this does for sega, i mean sure MS sells more xboxes, but sega get a nice cut of the profit? i sure hope they didnt sell the franchises to mr. gates

Originally posted by [LoRd

JigA_Zer0,Oct. 15 2002, 7:10 am]I dont see whut good this does for sega, i mean sure MS sells more xboxes, but sega get a nice cut of the profit? i sure hope they didnt sell the franchises to mr. gates

na they aint selling their franchises to MS.

But I'm sure they're getting a nice chunk of the cash.

MS is, I'm sure, paying good money to have this tactic of getting more XBoxes out in consumers hands.

Hmm. Good to know they're starting to pack the smaller controllers in with the system. But it's going to take more than a couple free games to get me to pick one up (even if they are Sega). As soon as I see a $150 tag I'll be tempted. Any lower than that and I'm sold. I know they can afford it.

Although it's not so much the price of the system, but the games too. I don't like spending $40-$60 for a new game, each game. Gets expensive. I like to clean up when everyone else is done, much cheaper
smile.gif

Originally posted by Quadriflax@Oct. 15 2002, 10:32 am

I like to clean up when everyone else is done, much cheaper
smile.gif

that's my stategy exactly.
smile.gif

Yeah for a $150 or $100 I would be tempted.

But then again, I don't know if its worth all the fat space it would take up in my entertainment center
smile.gif

Gamecube looks much more attractive.

If GC gets down to $100 -- look out!
smile.gif

Back